Apple Juice

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crumbilina

Hi Everyone

This is a rather silly question, but I have to ask because I have been wondering for a while.

My rats keep stealing my apple juice (its the Allan's stuff, from the can). I put my cup down, turn around and then look back, and its gone... honestly.... gone! I have looked online everywhere and have not found anything wrong with apples for ratties, but I want to make sure before I start giving them a little bowl for themselves (So I don't have to worry about what I'm giving them from my mouth).

What are peoples thoughts? Anyone given their rats apple juice before? What would a good amount be for 2 female adults?

Oh and this would be a TREAT so not done on a regular basis, maybe once or twice a month? Maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less...

Apple juice is VERY high in sugar, so only a tiny bit as a treat. Other than that, you should be fine :)

I drink apple juice a lot, as it is the juice that is most commonly on sale at the groc store. I always drink it split 50/50 or so with water, and my ratty boys kinda taught themselves to grab the edge of the glass in my hand, while sitting on the couch, and just drink right out of there. I just limit them as to how much they can have, and don't let them grab glasses with soda.

Lol, I'm happy that my ratties aren't the only sneaky little buggers ;).

I will try the 50/50 thing, I never thought of that.

As for the apples slices, although it is a good idea, my ratties for some reason wont eat them! I don't know why, but every time I try they refuse it EVEN when I peel the skin off for them! I guess they just like apples in liquid sugar form... Who wouldn't? haha

Back