Anyone selling just the wheels/bottom shelf to a ferret nation?

Discussion in 'Garage Sale' started by ReepacheepTheRat, Sep 4, 2019.

Help Support Rat Shack Forum by donating:

1. Sep 4, 2019 #1

ReepacheepTheRat

ReepacheepTheRat

ReepacheepTheRat

Hi all!

So basically my little brother who is now 18 was helping me move into my new apartment and he took it upon himself to reassemble my ferret nation... the process got a little messed up and while the majority of the cage was salvageable he used PB weld on the bottom shelf pieces and rendered them unusable.

I threw out the bottom shelf but would really love to at least buy some wheels if not a replacement bottom shelf so that I can roll my rat cage out of its spot just to clean it. It gets pretty gross under there and I feel bad moving it without asking for help because it scratches the floor.

Anyways.... I understand it's a weird request but if anyone is selling just the wheels or the shelf of a ferret nation I would be happy to buy.

2. Sep 4, 2019 #2

SQ

SQ

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals

You should be able to buy replacement wheels at a hardware store - I did a few years ago
    You can order shelves for FN/CN cages ……. not sure where in the USA …. ask people on different sites, pet stores etc that sell the cages, and maybe the company (Midwest)

3. Sep 4, 2019 #3

ReepacheepTheRat

ReepacheepTheRat

ReepacheepTheRat

Do you happen to know the wheel size that worked for you? Also did you get caster wheels and did they attach well?

4. Sep 18, 2019 #4

SQ

SQ

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals

I don't know the wheel size …. you might contact the company and ask
    I bought wheels with a post that would fit the plastic in the post where the wheels are inserted

5. Sep 19, 2019 #5

ViciousCurse

ViciousCurse

ViciousCurse

To my knowledge, Amazon carries FN/CN replacement parts, since you can buy the entire cage through Amazon. If not, go to the actual company's website.

I bought my CN off of Craigslist (I did extensively clean it before my rats were put in). My area seems to have a ton of these cages used and for sale. I know this is not true for everyone. Depending on your area, you can check Facebook marketplace too.