Anyone heard of The Grrreat Wall

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had heard of it years ago, and with it's original height of 20" forgot all about it. At 24" it should work well for most rats (not the best jumpers obviously) and I like how with no corners there's less chance at chewing out. I would definitely consider one now :)

This would be fun as a play area within a play area for rats. The adventurous ones would probably learn to walk along the edges. It would also work as an enclosure for older rats who couldn't leap the 24".

I might get one of these. I often feel bad that, due to keeping them from getting out, I have eliminated chances for them to do balancing acts. When SQ was rat-sitting for me last year, Cadillac and others would love climbing/jumping to the top of the Coroplast enclosure and then walking along it... or leaping to freedom! With the right set up, the Grrreat Wall would allow for adventure in a safe context.

These look great!

I emailed them to ask how much shipping is to Canada, specifically the Toronto area. I will update when I get an answer!

hum sounds a bit short! looks the same height as a bathtub wall, and they jump out of that easily. would be awesome if it was 30", haha!

Eeh.. as long as i'm home i usually let my guys loose, like right now the door cage is open with some bins placed like steps, any wire they can get to is completely covered in black tape, they tend to try it and not like it too much but you still gotta check in case. Today Crank found Johnny's new headphones, they are now chewed to the metal. lol

I gotta tell you tho, Covering ALL of the phone and computer wires was quite a project. They're also rolled around a metal bar that's part of the computer desk so none of them are touching the ground. I've never been able to contain them but it's more work cleaning since they choose poop corners and pee all over the place. That's why i got a steam mop tho! And i got big hard plastic sheets to block the back of the TV stand, cardboard to block behind the oven and i crock my laundry machines so they couldn't get behind. I had a towel stuffed between the wall and under the fridge untill they got too big to fit it.

I think en enclosure like this would be good for younger rats for their own safety.

My only off limits places for rats are the couch (since they found holes behind the cushions!!!!!) and the top of the computer and computer desk. They eventually learn that them chewing certain things or going where they shouldn't means they go back in the cage. ;) But with a cage that big it's hardly a bad thing now! lol Crank even goes back in there by himself to sleep rather then go under the couch now! :)

Back