Anyone from Northern Manitoba?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smilez_n_hugs

So as some of you may know I currently teach in the northern Northwest Territories and it is the time of year where I have to decide what I'm doing next year. I'm starting to feel like I have learned all that I can up here and am ready for a new challenge. I've been thinking Manitoba might be my next adventure so I'm just wondering if any fellow Shackers live or have lived in the province and can offer me any advice?

My uncle taught in Split Lake, Manitoba for a couple of years on the Reservation. They have housing available. The Reservation is 'dry' too. He found the attitude about education there wasn't too bad. At his previous spot, he had to pass kids that didn't even show up to class. It's about 150km from Thomson, so in the middle of nowhere.

Unfortunately Newfoundland doesn't pay their anything too well :(
That and lack of jobs is the reason there are more Newfies in Ontario and Alberta than in Newfoundland itself.

My uncle taught in Split Lake, Manitoba for a couple of years on the Reservation. They have housing available. The Reservation is 'dry' too. He found the attitude about education there wasn't too bad. At his previous spot, he had to pass kids that didn't even show up to class. It's about 150km from Thomson, so in the middle of nowhere.

I am hoping to avoid a reservation and looking for something a little more city like. I applied to a job in The Pas which would be heaven compared to where I am now :giggle: I'm just waiting to see what comes up.

Back