Anyone else have an aquarium? Need advice.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missnikki

I have a 55 gallon aquarium which is mostly my boyfriends tank, with 6 silver fin tetras, and a 6 gallon tank which is MINE ALL MINE, which contains my beautiful thai male betta fish.

My question is: What is the best testing kit for freshwater aquarium water? I want a kit that includes EVERYTHING you would want to test for. I know a lot of tests don't include a test for ammonia.

What do you recommend?

API Freshwater Master Test Kit. Those cheaper test strips actually wind up being more expensive in the long run. Not only are they not as accurate but only you get five - ten test strips and if you check your water weekly you'll be back to the store in a blink of an eye.

There is a lot more to do with water quality then just being able to test it. You have to know the parameters you want, what's worth changing and what isn't, weather or not to use tap water, etc. The tests are a way to start but I highly suggest reading everything you can get your hands on to know what you are really dealing with.

This isn't about fish tanks, but I cannot but help commenting on all the names of your ratties and past ratties in your signature. The names are amazing and creative! Just wanted you to know. :thumbup:

Back