Anybody have the Rat Manor?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had 1. it worked out good but ended up going bigger..lol. the girls loved it and it makes a great baby cage but i see them now in their bigger cage and wonder how they ever got along in there..lol

it is a pain to clean...it is hard to get the levels out and put back in. you have to break it down completely!!!! to get the middle level out. it is sturdy and they girls never got out. you have to cover all the levels which isn't that hard and I never used the ladders so more room for the girls. u really have ot be creative on how you are decorating the cage because it is a tight space and i would never dream of putting 2 adult males in there....but all in all if you had to it is an ok cage for girls...here is a pic of the cage.

What is the number for the Rat Manor? I think that I had the Rat Tower (a Martins, can't recall the number off hand), and I have a Rat Skyscraper? (Martins 695).

The rat manor is not a martin's cage.
The dimensions for the base is 16.5 x 22.5... in my opinion, that is much too small for rats.

I bought that cage for a couple of babies and HATED it. Its garbage IMO. Flimsy and a pain to clean.

Im pretty sure its sitting in the garage, big waste of money.

I currently have it (no pics, sorry).
It's really not that hard to clean if you know how to clean it. Leave the shelves in and take it off the base, then put it in the shower or spray it down with a garden hose.

I have two girls in mine, and hopefully a third soon, but I'd like a bit bigger cage. Granted, I spoil my girls to bits, but it'd be nice if it was bigger.

It's a nice cage for people with limited space (only 16.5" L x 22.5" W) and I'd say if roughly comparitive with the Maritn's R-690 (Rat Tower) in size and price.
OH! right now, there's an internet sale on it for $80.

The levels can be a pain to move, but eventually you'll get the hang of it (I rarely move mine, so I don't care), and it's collapsable which is nice if you're moving or going somewhere and want your cage.

My only complaints would be that it's a little hard for me to decorate the way I'd like to because I can't get both arms through the doors and there's not much room for a wheel (my girls don't use one, they just pee on it and look at it). On the other hand, it has a double latch on the door so your babies can't get out. I find it to be a decent starter.

Back