Another update - Saffi and Fable

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

The older girls Moon picked up and delivered for me are doing great. I figured she might appreciate an update on "her" girls. Sadly Saffi has decided that she wants no other rats in her life besides her beloved Fable, so that is that. :roll:

Saffi has become quite stocky with regular food (mostly low protein/fat lab blocks) and her coat is older girl rough, but she is a love. She absolutely MUST have me on the couch with them in the mornings. She is staring at me now willing me over there as I type. Morning coffee is always spent with Saffi and Fable. :D

SaffiandFable.jpg

Saffialwayswantsmetheresept5.jpg

Fable is a true success story. She has filled out, she can climb now, she hops and runs sometimes whereas before she would splay her legs out and drag herself around on her belly. She seemed to have one weak hind foot and she was unable to lift her body. Her eyes are very relaxed now. :thumbup:

Fablesept5.jpg

Fablehasfilledoutandliftsherbodynow.jpg

Fablefromabovesept5.jpg

Fableallrelaxedsept5.jpg

saffiandfablesept5.jpg

Off I go to the couch to be with my girls :mrgreen:

Wow the girls are looking great. It is amazing how fast they "turn" around with care and love. You did a fantastic job, Shelagh.

Too bad Saffi wont let anyone else join them :? . I saw your note about her biting you because of Dilly. Could our pickle boy ever truley be perceived as a threat?

Are you going to keep plugging away at intros or are you just going to let them be? They look really good... as I knew they would with you :D

moon said:
Too bad Saffi wont let anyone else join them :? . I saw your note about her biting you because of Dilly. Could our pickle boy ever truley be perceived as a threat?

Are you going to keep plugging away at intros or are you just going to let them be? They look really good... as I knew they would with you :D

Our sweet Dilly is not Bronwen with other rats, he gets puffed up and territorial at times, unlike sweet Bronny. So yes our Pickle Boy has huffed and puffed along with the rest of my Horde. :roll:

I was thinking that Fable might like friends but she is also very timid and Saffi is very protective, so for now I will give them some time. They are new to my home technically and in good health so there is no reason to believe I cannot try again at a later date. Saffi biting me was all my fault, I should've been smarter but sometimes RatMom instincts kick in and you just grab a rat so that no damage can occur. LOL

Back