Another sneezing question

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fidget

I've been at my sister's 2 weeks with my kids... 4 of them have started sneezing, one by one. Same bedding, no new laundry detergent, nothing in the room I could imagine them having an allergy to...

Could cold cause this?
It's much colder in the bedroom here than at my place, especially at night, I am using 2 warm blankets and a quilt and still my hands are cold at night if out from under the covers.

Their chests sound clear with a stethoscope..

Between the trip, new place, and the other various changes [not just temp, though that probably does have a good bit to do with it] it could be quite likely that they've gotten stressed and are having a flareup.

Thankyou. I ruled out the stress of the move as none started soon after the change.
Just for reference sake, they started to ease up when my sister gave me a heater to put in the room. The sneezes are not gone but they have eased. I can only conclude that if the cold itself didn't cause illness (my mom says it's not temperature but viruses that cause illness - the new take on things) then the stress of being cold may have.
I sure found being cold so much myself to be awfully bothersome to me (Wimpy Victorians :oops: ), tho of course when I felt cold then how they might be feeling at the time was my uppermost worry.

Nobody seems to be in any danger. I'm hoping warmth will make them all better soon.

Your mom is right, it's viruses that causes cold, but you are quite right that the stress of it could have caused the girls to become ill.
What about wrapping a blanket around the cage?

I did finally wrap the cage in the evening and pump in some warmth from the heater a few times during the night (and worried about the lack of ventilation for the urine) but then I couldn't watch them for enjoyment (so I was cold and lonely). And I lay in bed hearing sneezing and not knowing who was doing it unless I kept jumping up and unwrapping the cage (which made me absolutely crazy & exhausted).

I was there to gain weight but I lost weight. Kids & I didn't have the same time together, and I was worried sick about them.
I brought the kids home tonight 4 weeks early, I've been up all night listening and they are sounding mercifully un-sneezy! :D

Back