Amoxicillin and doses

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluerose

i have two female ratties (sisters) and they have the sneezes. One is timid and afraid of everything. She stays hunched up in a corner looking scared all the time. I have amoxicillin 875mg and I am unsure how much to give them. They are about 2 and a half months old. I haven’t weighed them but if it’s important I will get a set of scales .

yes, you need to get a digital scale that weighs accurately to 1 gram and has a tare function.
Amount of meds given is based on the strength of the med (mg/ml) and the weight of the rat (Ibs or grams).
Weighing rats also gives important information as to their health …. ie weight loss from illness, aging etc

Here is information about the dosing amoxicillin along with other important information. ratguide.com is a vet approved medical site for rat owners http://ratguide.com/meds/antimicrobial_agents/amoxicillin.php

With your amoxicillin, you would want to add the pill to 2 ml of.hot water til dissolved then add 8 ml sweet syrup. This gives you 87.5 mg/ml amoxicillin, and the dose would depend on her weight.

Back