Am I crazy? More pics of the Starla's Stars :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

Do you see what I see? Or am I just fooling myself?

Does Suri have a wee smudge on her nose?

Surismudgeaug28.jpg

Surismudge3aug28.jpg

Surismudge2aug28.jpg

6 million deleted pics of baby girls zooming around to get 3 clear shots. LOLOL.

I have always wanted a Himi. I just think they are soo sweet and I want to find out if the points colour does change due to temperature.

*Shelagh is just a-hoping that others say she is not just seeing a shadow*

My beautiful siamese lady Tevy has always had noticeably darker points in the winter when the temperature gets colder.

I definitely think you have a beautiful himi there Shelagh! :) Yay!

lilspaz68 said:
Am I crazy?
What kind of a silly question is that? Well, yeah, duh, you do without to take care of critters that others budget for getting rid of (sorry guys)...
Now 'crazy' is relative of course. There's not-so-good crazy, and then there's a crazy that is part & parcel of genuses & artists & forward-thinkers or people especially gifted in ability to understand & care for other species. Kind of of an enhanced passion & understanding.
Ok, lecture done.

Yeah, Suri definitely has a marking there!
My first ratties found in a parking lot - girl/boy - had 13 babies and lots had color on their backs , but as they aged it actually diminished so only a few retained it! And enhanced on the faces of those who I didn't realize had color (maybe thought at first they hadn't cleaned themselves after eating).
Mom & some babies I've learned since were siamese or himi I guess. (I thought dad was PEW but I didn't know what PEW or Himi was then, let enough to notice if a rat's 'dirty' spots were always in the same place)...

If Suri's like the ones I had her markings could get darker, eh?

Look at you Toronto people gushing over himis. You can hardly give them away here. But blues you seem to be inundated with and I might have had one close-to-blue (Coors) in all my ratties....
Just goes to show you how many of the homeless are probably coming from 1 main source in any region
:redhot:

Fidget said:
Look at you Toronto people gushing over himis. You can hardly give them away here. But blues you seem to be inundated with and I might have had one close-to-blue (Coors) in all my ratties....
Just goes to show you how many of the homeless are probably coming from 1 main source in any region
:redhot:

Sowwy :(

If it makes you feel any better I have only had 2 russian blue hoodeds. Jo get the blue dumbo's up her way. :) I do have 2 pearl merle's though, but until less than a year ago, I had never seen/had a dumbo, black berk...or even a himi...now I have one dumbo and 3 black berks and now a himi :D

Unfortunately we do know that most of our "fancy" rats must come from the same stock. We are seeing too many blues and dumbos to the point now that they are being dropped outside. The males are almost all aggressive and the girls are bullies. So we are getting the fancy looking ones but not the nicest, I'm afraid. :(

jorats said:
Unfortunately we do know that most of our "fancy" rats must come from the same stock. We are seeing too many blues and dumbos to the point now that they are being dropped outside. The males are almost all aggressive and the girls are bullies. So we are getting the fancy looking ones but not the nicest, I'm afraid. :(

Now that part sucks. Either aggression issues or health problems with your ex-petstore stock. :(

lilspaz68 said:
If it makes you feel any better I have only had 2 russian blue hoodeds. Jo get the blue dumbo's up her way. :) I do have 2 pearl merle's though,
Lol! I took 5 baby boys Aug 1/04 I was told were blue and was tickled to have blues for ages til I was told 3 were agouti, 1 was beige & white and one ? was Coors. Not that you care when they're your babies....
But how am I gonna feel better from you having enough blues to distinguish between types when I don't know blue from agouti? Lol
I'm just happy those kids make it to you. You know, my favorite ratties (each for their own reason) I recall instantly relating to me, I don't see their color til I look for it, right?[/i]

More pics of the sweet baby girls. :heart:

Linny on Suri
LinnyonSuriaug31.jpg

sweet little licky Linny
Linny2aug31.jpg

She's very concientious about her job :mrgreen:
LinnyAug31.jpg

Linny and Suri
LinnySuriaug31.jpg

LinnyandSuri2aug31.jpg

Suri and Linny
SuriLinnyaug31.jpg

and finally very busy Suri decides to stop and give a little pose
Suriaug31.jpg

jorats said:
I see it!!

About the points changing with temperatures... my two siamese/himi never did.

Oooh my smeezer did! I was so excited to see him get his "winter points" and sad when they went away.

Shelagh, those are some stunning babies. :heart:

Back