Altruism

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

primobellator

I want to Thank you guys for the supportaafter losing Xena. Recently I finally got a rat to be Merlin's companion She looks too much like Xena. He's been happier and more active. Like us, Merlin's had to take some time to open to her And her to us. I still feel like I'm betraying Xena. My roommate, who Xena absolutely loved, hasn't opened up to her as much And remains distant.

She's well cared for and slowly opening up!☺ today they were in their big little hut. I put my finger so Gabrielle (our new rat) can interact and play with me. She's not freaking out and running away as much. She's interacting more . Merlin was cleaning himself. Gabrielle was nibbling on my nail. I "eeped" to teach her it hurts (it worked for Merlin and especially Xena to quit biting) by the second "eep" merlin popcorned and flipped her to dominate her. Ofc he didn't hurt her.he defended me. I was so surprised . He's very sweet, but he was altruistic. Such beautiful creations. He stood up for me. After they were both relaxing. Don't worry The small cage is an open detachment to the big cage. He hangs there oftenly because he's jealous. He's tried to go into her house, which is way too small for him. He never wanted to go in when it was his. But he'll do so because she's been in there.

Sorry this is so long. I'm happy to have Gabrielle. Merlin is more active again and seems happier.

Attachments

• 20180517_132428.jpg
    20180517_132428.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 121
Welcome to your Gabrielle, and I'm sorry for your loss of Xena..
Nothing wrong if it takes you all time to get close, it'll happen, I'm sure Xena would want you all to have a new friend to ease her loss, and give Merlin a chance to play hero, lol.

Back