ALT Rat Cage (30" x 15" x 30") got it!!!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

I am supposed to be getting this cage this week, and I was wondering if anyone else has had one?

redcage.jpg

I am curious as to whether this cage is put together with c-rings? if it is, I can break it down and store it when its not in use, :D

Anything else about this cage you can think of?

I have to put a Superpet mesh wheel in it for Shadow, so that has to taken into account :roll:

A lot of people really like that cage, in actuality. Before the FN was available in Petsmart, that was the main cage everyone suggested people buy if they only wanted to look locally. Kaia had that same cage donated, and it worked well for the rescues :)

I had that cage, it's gorgeous and I even fixed it to have a pull out tray, but within a year, the paint had all chipped and it was ugly.

mamarat said:
I had that cage, it's gorgeous and I even fixed it to have a pull out tray, but within a year, the paint had all chipped and it was ugly.

If it was in decent shape and you were getting it free, would you refuse it knowing in a year it may be toast?

It's put together with c rings, same as the other ALT cages. They paint the whole cage with the rings on, so it's a right pain on some of them. The paint does chip very easily, and you have to be careful with the bars. When I was taking the hamster cage apart, the wires bent horribly at the weirdest moments.

I have this cage Shelagh since my significant rat downsizing & selling my FN to Jorats/Nickelrat.

It's okay. Doors aren't big enough to add large items. The top has to be lifted off the base everytime to get any big items (ie. large igloos or wheels) in and out.

The paint chips easily and my base is starting to flake paint which worries me but I keep it covered with fleece with the exception of the odd time they burrow under the fleece.

I have the smaller version of this one that I use as a temp cage (or cleaning time retreat) and I hated that the bottom of the ramp was the preferred place for the bathroom and the poo was totally embedded into the bars.. I could not pick 'em up fast enough. Mike just cut out that ramp and I put in a ladder instead.

I did find that the spacing on these cages are... inconsistent. And sometimes, I find certain edges sharpish. But nothing that would stop me from using it.

ALTcage.jpg

Mattie likes it just fine
Mattielikesthenewcage.jpg

She even poops in the whee to christen it :roll:
Mattiepoopsinthewheel.jpg

Shadow loves it
Shadowlikesthenewcage.jpg

Shadowlikesthenewcage2.jpg

Sadly Rennie was acting very badly and got removed. I am going to see if I can get a slightly tougher colony to accept her, who won't take her shite. Poor Shadow just doesn't deserve Rennie in her golden years. :(

I have this cage; I got it on craigslist. It houses one naughty boy who just got neutered and hopefully will learn to behave with his littermates! I have lots more toys in it now for him.

:D :D

There's the cube! I've been wondering where it was, since I haven't seen it in any pictures since I sent it to you :p

Cute!

Back