Almost did it

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dspch911

Went to Petsmart yesterday and they had a very pretty boy rat - which I noticed was scratching an awful lot and upon further inspection I noticed the lice on his fur :gaah: I almost bought him just to rescue him from the torture the lice were putting him through. I brought it to their attention to initially be told it was dandruff (uh NO!) they then agreed there was definitely something on him and they would have the vet look at him (they have a vet office in the store), but I'm not really believing them. So, in a couple days I may still go back and check up on him. This just happens to be the same Petsmart I bought my son hamsters at about 11 years ago that also came home with their own friends .......

Oh god that must have been horrible, why they employ people who dont have an inch of knowledge of animal care and well being beats me. These large pet stores need more rules and regulation to abide to.
Well done for speaking up for the poor itchy ratty, hope they do treat him for lice now you've brought it to their attention.

Back