Alfie ... please send Healing Vibes

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petlover

This morning when our boys were having their out time i picked up Alfie and noticed a strange lump under his left armpit on further examination i suspected a Mammary tumour We immediatly got him to the Vets who confirmed this and scheduled his Op for tommorrow morning....Alfie is our first Rat and is a bit of a squishy rattie due to his love of custard creme buiscuits :heart: He's about 22 months old and still adorable and even though the Op will cost us £115 we would spend ten times this ammout to give him extra time with us. I hope you can all send him good healing vibes for a fast recovery. I will tell you all how he does after his op tommorow....
Alfie1.jpg

Ohhh and to keep you up to date we now have 2 new boys Rossi and Louie will post info on these later....

Alfie looks like such a sweetie! I wish him all the best tomorrow. You can tell him that my girls are sending him healing vibes, too. they now think that I should be giving them custard cream biscuits.

Does Alfie like Eccles cakes??

:heart: :heart: :heart: Thank you for the good vibes I'm sure there is waves of good feeling going his way....Even across oceans :) Regards last post ...Nope Alfie is not over keen on Eccles cakes...becouse he dont like Raisins etc.....But I do...lol
Will post tomorrow after Op to keep you updated.....THANK YOU!!!...from us all :heart: :heart: :heart:

I hope all goes well i don't mean to offend anyone But I say prayers for the animal, they are gods creations too! One of my new beige baby boys i named Alfie, the other Frankie & my older nakkie maybe their dad Norman, WE cal him Normie! they are all after names of songs I liked through my life, "Whats it all About Alfie!' By Dion Warwick in the mid 70's Frankie for "Frankie & Johnny" by Elvis in the 60's, Norman My love in the early 60's & you know ,my girls Peggy sue, for Buddy Holly & Brandy by Looking glass, & my new rescue dumbo is Billy for 'Which Way you going Billy" by the Poppy family the 70's again!

I sure hope that nobody on this Forum would be offended by the idea of prayers for animals. Our little ratties are just as deserving as anyone else.

Phyllis, those song titles sure take me back a few years!!

I love pics of Alfie, he is always smiling!!!

And I'm sure he'll smile all the way through this. Heal fast, Alfie!

m_rat.gif

Good news ...Alfie has come through his Op ok and is recovering in the Quarentine cage...
His Tumour was removed along with a little muscle tissue...so he has a bit of a void there now
... He is eating and drinking well at the moment but i think that the exclusion from his cagemates Fidget and Oscar is all that is bothering him at the moment... How long is a respectable period for quarentine?...I know that they can meet each other through the cage and that the main concern is his buddys investigating the wound area... But I dont want them to be apart too long if poss... He has Meds to take (Baytril) for a few days just to aid healing and fight any pos infection... Thank you all for your good wishes and prayers I am sure he knows how much love is around for him...He refuses to have his pic taken with his shaved fur and blue stains off the iodine so here is a pic of his more sleeker days :D
Alfie2.jpg

Depending on the rat and the grogginess factor I usually put patients back in with their cagemates right away. Just watch a bit to make sure there's no undue attention to the surgical site (usually its just a sniff, sniff and thats it) or if they are bothering him when he wants to sleep (Babies!).

They may go off and sleep off and on, but they are much happier and content in their own cage and with their cagemates.

Glad to hear Smiley Boy is home and fine. Watch for signs of pain and maybe be ready to bounce and get Infant Liquid Ibuprofen or Tylenol just in case.

I am so glad that it went well for Alfie! Yes, he will probably feel so much better back in with his cagemates. My Tia was desperate to get back in with her sisters the other day. They sniffed her incision but didn't bother it. Tia was the one who wouldn't leave it alone.

Kisses to Alfie.

Hi Guys,

Just an update to all you well wishers out there.
Alfie seems to be doing well. He's getting around and seems fairly active for an old guy who's just gone through major surgery. :joy:
We did isolate him for one night in quarentine but when he was out exercising he was heading straight home to his own cage and just looked so pitiful. :sad3:
We did have a fright though, The first time he went in he heading upto the high hammock which is his favorite and fell to the bottom of the cage. :cry3:
We have since readjusted the cage so he has nowhere to fall so all is well.
He seems much happier in his own habitat and Fidget and Oscar have welcomed him back without incident so we are delighted about that.
I will keep you informed but so far all seems to be going well.
Thank you again to all that asked after him.
He really is our special boy and we adore him.

Yvonne & Barry x

Additionally.. i would like to add that its jo's fault that my rats keep mounting up to higher numbers.. She's a bad influence.. :laugh4:

Back