Aella, my 2 week old hand raised dble rex gal

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crumbilina

Aella (pronounced Eh-La) came to me from a lady who I met at the pet expo last weekend. Turns out this lady had a few litters of rats and needed some help. A friend of mine and I went to her place and helped her sort things out. All of her rats (old and young) were in good health, except for little Aella. Aella was scrawny and breathing heavily. You could hear her terrible breathing when you put her up to your ear. I asked if I could take her home and give her medicine and try to raise her by hand since it was pretty obvious she wasn't doing well with her mom.

I managed to medicate and feed Aella and get her through that critical first week, and now she is doing fantastically well! She is eating baby cereal and kmr and popping around the cage. She loves her young friends Yuka (the white/smeeze rat in the pics) and Turi/Lightning (the double rex in the pics). She really perks up when they are in with her. I really wish they werent boys! I guess I'll have to get them neutered early so that she can be with them.

Anyway, PICTURES!!!!

Her first day with me, you could see her ribs even though the pic doesn't show it
870FD345-B01F-4612-86A6-7CE6932437B4_zps78ixxsws.jpg

She loves her boys
8716E6A2-7B1B-418E-82C1-8821A8A18E47_zps86vt4flx.jpg

AF5BFDD2-1D2B-42CF-9525-559F7CAB4954_zps51yhlmdv.jpg

EB1C8907-0180-4CF7-8DD1-78A10D95A4F8_zpsgqdlbnkp.jpg

And this one from last night, she is getting quite the belly, she also needs a bath!
D12702DE-4178-473E-8D44-718FEC2C91FA_zpsixbb0hb0.jpg

Turi/Lightning
B2A5AAB2-D0C2-4CA8-AED3-97258178980A_zpsw7uyuczq.jpg

Yuka sleeping (FINALLY - good god the energy in this one!)
E0CF58F9-C43C-4267-AE3B-CDCE98C807CA_zpszj0uoimc.jpg

She is so precious and little. They are all so cute. Are they around the same age? In that one pic the white ratties looks so big.. I'd be afraid I'd lose the little thing...

She is so precious and little. They are all so cute. Are they around the same age? In that one pic the white ratties looks so big.. I'd be afraid I'd lose the little thing...

Aella is about 3 weeks now, Yuka (the white one) is about 6 weeks and Turi/Lightning (the boy with the wedge blaze) is about 4.5 weeks old. So, in the grand scheme of things, about the same age. Side-by-side you can really see the differences!

Oh Crumbilina, what beautiful pictures. I just turned to a big pile of mush. So glad that little one is with you. I love her name. They look blissfully happy when they sleep together for comfort. What a lovely story. Keep those amazing pictures coming.. puleeeeez! lol

Lucky lil lady having big strong boys to look out for her ;)
Awesome work, Crumbilina! There is such a difference between the second pic and the top view of her. Kisses to all your bubs!

Back