Advice on getting my boys neutered? (first time owner)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 19628

So I believe it would go here,

My boys are coming up to 6 months, (sometime this month, sadly i dont know their exact birthday) and they need to get neutered. From other things ive read its better to keep the boys separated as they recover from being neutered..My vet is recommending me to get them all neutered at once but keep them all in separate cages, but there isnt exactly any decent cages (that i can find) that arent very expensive (€100+). I debated having them done one at a time, going through the mischief from the most dominant to the least. *however* my vet said this could mean they still become aggressive with each other- what is happening to a certain extent (not constantly, for the most part they are pretty cuddly with each other but there have been two instances where one has cut one of the others)

TLDR: my boys are getting a little aggressive and need neutering, but i cant decide if i should get them done all at once or one at a time considering some of the things my vet has told me.

What did any of you do when you got your boys neutered? did you just keep them all together? get them done at the same time in separate cages or one at a time? (also, is there any temporary cages you could recommend?)

Back