Adoption Event Booth.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ace8670

So its been confirmed we got our first booth at a huge adoption event! We all are a little stressed because so many coming back to back but I need IDEAS any help of what I should do or have on the booth? We want to do some pamphlets on the correct and harmful bedding of rats but other then that I'm stumped

Don't forget to add that it needs to be frozen - I had no idea about that until my boys had mites.

How about what to and what not to feed them.

Obviously you don't want to discourage anyone, but how about their medical needs. People really need to know they need medical attention and what illnesses they do get and the importance of getting them prompt medical care.

Yeah I'd love the pamphlet! That would be most helpful trying to find an in between will enough info or discouragingly too much is actually harder then I thought it would be

You should check with some of the big time rescues and ask them if they have a template for a pamphlet (or use whatever Amanda sends you - I think we pinned her care guide somewhere on the forum). You need a good adoption application/contract. If you have time to put together a brochure it could help. We have one that basically gives the rundown of how/why we got started, exactly what we do, and info for how to make a donation.

Are you going to have posters of cute ratties?
And are you going to have some rats there? Any time we do a kitty event, having animals there available for adoption does help in homing them.
How about an appropriately-sized cage for two, decorated properly? A lot of people have a rat with shavings and a food bowl. They have no idea about hammocks or chew toys or hidy huts or tubes. They have no idea about how large of a cage they really need.

How about an appropriately-sized cage for two, decorated properly? A lot of people have a rat with shavings and a food bowl. They have no idea about hammocks or chew toys or hidy huts or tubes. They have no idea about how large of a cage they really need.

LOVE this idea!

Yeah we have a sign I wish I'd know for certain if there would be a plug in there because I though bringing a DVD player or electronic picture frame to do slides with all of our successful adoptions we will have rats there trying for most of them. I like the appropriate cage idea just set up so people can see what it looks like. And I love Amanda's pamphlet it's was darn near perfect! Only thing I will change is a vet office more local :)

Back