Acrylic Nails V. Ratties

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melon_mayhem

So i just got my nails done a few hours ago and i went to go pet my two ratties and they attacked the nail!

Do they not like the smell or is it the fact that their a bright color (even though i thought that they were mostly color blind)???

Godmother said:
Those ratties can be expensive! They would be happy to aerate our clothes, check all the wooden furniture for hidden termites, sculpt your acrylic nails....

Naaaaaaaa ... they are just very, very helpful :thumbup:

Ya i've learned that its my ratties new favorite past time! :wink:
Good thing i had treats on hand because they werent to keen on releasing my hand :lol:

I have acrylics and get them done every three weeks. I have had mine for 3 years now. I have learned never to come home right after having them done and mess with the ratties. There is something in the acrylic or in the cuticle oil that my nail tech uses that drives them wild. After a day of having them done then they don't care so much. Just normal trimming and chewing that they do. But the day I get them done they attack them like I am feeding them some golden treat.

Staci

OldsGal said:
But the day I get them done they attack them like I am feeding them some golden treat.

This perfectly explains their reaction to my nails. I'll try to wait a bit before holding them right after i get them done,
Thanks!!

Back