abscess(sp?) popped but inside the skin?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilangel

well i posted under jacks posts but it may not have gotten seen so im posting this here also.

well so far ok the baby has a lump under her chin im not sure what it is if a tumor or a absess so im going to soak it for a couple days see if it pops if not then its something else and a vet visit.

on the other hand i called the pet store back telling them this and they told me to just bring her back and they would use her as snake food :panic: i was like no i will treat and use my money and get her better and told them instead of replacing her give me her sister so they said yes.

----

EDIT:i think it may not have popped looking more at it and all ugh scared me for a sec myself.

i think abscess like me or something my poor guys keep getting them without me knowing how until i see them >.<

If the abcess has popped there should be a little hole there, you need to try and keep it from scabing over so it can drain. You'll need to flush it out with saline (warm water and salt). If you keep a warm compress to it it will help to loosen the stuff up in side.
When Willow had her abcess the stuff was so thick it was like cream was soo gross. We just kept doing the warm compress and flushing it and it worked quite well. We also had her on baytril 'cause she had two abcess one on her cheek and the other on her tummy.

I hope everything works out for you!

yeah right now no scab,hole,anything to show something happened there( same thing as tinkerbells) both hairless as we all know hairless seem to have more problems then haired guys. i will indeed keep a soak on it till it pops or makes a hole or scab then care for it the same way as tinkerbell's most likely what happened is an ingrown hair im thinking more. ugh abscess lol :rant:

one question how many times a day should i soak it? for how long each time? with tinkerbell i did it for 5mins 3 times a day i think.

for Willow we'd put the warm compress on the lump I think for maybe a minute at a time for a few times a day. it seemed to help to make the abcess stuff not as thick. Once there was a little hole we'd flush it a few times a day.

today it just popped! :happydance: so weird that im happy it was only this again ugh lol got all the yuckie out and now soaks with salt water everyday till heals. this one though made two holes one medium sized one and a tiny one. it was so so :sick2: though i do hate them but did not smell.

Back