Abscess keeps coming back

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Savanah

My male rat named Perci has been getting abscess that keeps coming back around his neck. I was just playing with them when i noticed that his abscess has gone but now theres something above his teeth. I have no idea what it is and it looks horrible. Some days he is very active and wants to come and see you, but other times he just lays and sleeps. There was one point that we thought he was close to dying (thankfully not). We took him to the vet the first time he got an abscess and that cost close to $100 for the vets service and the cream she gave us. Ive attached a picture of the spot under his mouth, hopefully someone has some answers.

Attachments

• BB142DB7-75CB-4568-9C52-D28930E65553.jpeg
    BB142DB7-75CB-4568-9C52-D28930E65553.jpeg
    77.1 KB · Views: 247
I wanted to know if anyone knew what the thing above his teeth are. Also why does the abscess keep coming back, it comes in multiple different places around the neck.

I can't really tell from that picture what's going on in his mouth. Are his bottom teeth both the same length?

yes his bottom teeth are both the same length. above his front teeth it kinda looks like a scab.

This is the best i was able to get

Attachments

• C96201E6-1563-401A-A669-B7C9AE92E907.jpeg
    C96201E6-1563-401A-A669-B7C9AE92E907.jpeg
    51.5 KB · Views: 241
His teeth are very white. I still can't see clearly and had to give advice. The only thing I can say is go back to the vet about it. Most vets will de rechecks which is a lot cheaper than an actual exam fee. Tell them it's the same issue as last time.

Back