AAAAAAAAAh advice needed

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just went through a similar situation. I rescued 2 little girls (estimated here at 10-12 weeks old), that some woman at a pet salon had. She was handling them and some pinky bubs so uncaringly, I was so tempted to take as many as she would let me, but I was also concerned that these girls could have been prego because there were males in the container with these girls (about 12 rats altogether, varying ages.) I was hoping they were not old enough, but just in case, I thought I better not take too many, too many babies to raise and find homes for. Well turned out my girls were both preggers. I now have 7 little ratscals running around. I'm greatful that they had small litters. It is a bit overwhelming when you are unsure of how to handle things, but knowing that these girls and their babes are safe in our home, is worth all the concerns. She will do fine at being a mummy, and you too will be OK! Oh ya! Although these girls were terrified of people, the one girl only bit me once, and the other (Noodles) a few times, but shortly before the bubs were born, Noodles wouldn't let us put our hand in her cage without biting. She is fine when she is out of the cage, but very protective in the cage. But I'm sure she will get calmer in time and I'm sure Callie will be her sweet self in time. Although being concerned about finding homes for the babes is stressful, and difficult also, because they are all so adorable and squishable :cuddle: you may have difficulty (like myself) :cry3: deciding how many you will want to keep for yourself, and which ones to adopt out. But the whole experience of watching how they change every day, is amazing, BUT should NEVER be brought about on purpose knowing how many beautiful ratties are out there already needing good loving homes.

Back