a rattie dumped outdoors survives winter conditions - Montreal Canada

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals
@ice_cube_the_rescued_rat.

he was abandoned outside in the middle of a Montreal winter, -30 degrees that night, he is lucky to still be alive!
@misswitchrose found him but the time he was out in those harsh conditions gave him severe frostbite! He lost all 4 paws and his tail!!
Just that he pulled through is incredible, it was a real fight, but he is thriving now!
How anyone could do such a cruel thing is beyond me!
Many people seem to believe when a rat is dumped outside it will simply join up with the local wildies and carry on but they have no idea how to care for themselves, no idea how to avoid all the dangers and wild rats are far more likely to kill them than welcome them!
I'm so glad he was rescued and has come to know love and happiness. This lady that rescued him and has nursed him through this is my hero!

repost from insta :mad: beautyandmybeasts

disabled rattie frostbite.jpg

disabled rattie 2 frostbite.jpg

disabled rattie cleaning paw frostbite.jpg

disabled rattie eating frostbite.jpg

This is the one I was talking about a while back!! I LOVE ice cube, and the woman who took him in and is taking care of him is amazing for doing so! I've been following his story since she first started posting on Instagram. It's pretty amazing how well he's adapted. I constantly have my son show me his page, or tell me when new pics and video is posted. :rolleyes::rolleyes: <3

His story is truly heartbreaking. He was found huddled in a grocery sack. My heart aches every time I read his story, but I'm so happy he is now doing so well. He has his own instagram page. Y'all should go follow it. I think the lady who is taking care of him is a vet tech, or works at a vet clinic.

Back