A few health issues/questions

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melissa's ZOO

1. Lilly, Clover and Willow are all congested with occasional noisy breathing. So I will be starting them on Baytril, anything else I should be doing or just wait and see if the meds work? Baytril .1 ml per pound, is this right?

2. Lilly seems confused at times like she cannot see, she gets around well but when I call her name she will look around like she cannot see me. And she seems to be a little more cautious while out for playtime or she just goes to her favorite shoe box and sleeps. She is 19 months. She also on occasion will carry her right front leg around like she is in pain, there is no swelling and no obvious sign of injury. She did have a tumor removed from that armpit. Do you think it is possible that during the surgery something happened to cause a flare up every once in awhile? a pinched nerve? this only occurs for a few days and then she goes back to walking on it. When she does this can I give her Children's Advil and if so how much?

3. Clover has a lump right beside her vaginal opening, I thought tumor but when I felt it had a ball under it? any ideas? She is on Baytril for the congestion, so should I just watch and see if it turns into a tumor? She is 18 months.

4. Willow is my hairless and her eyes seem drier than normal should I just put natural tears in them. She does have some porphorin around them when she first wakes up but she is on Baytril for her congestion and noisy breathing.

Oh one more thing.

5. Micro eye? The newest addition Pumpkin 9weeks seems to have smaller than normal eyes, I always thought she looked different to me and when I compared her eyes to Mimzy 8 weeks she has smaller eyes than Mimzy does. Is it just a birth defect and is there anything I need to know health wise about it?

Back