A cute little story

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melissa

I think my two boys, Pax and Solis can tell I am sad about the loss of Miraz and Aslan. The youngin's are a bit harder to calm down because, well.. they are young and hyper! Anyways, I took the boys out on the couch and my little Poodle-Pax (I call him poodle cuz of his curly hair) was letting me pet him and give him a body massage and was cuddling. It was so nice for him to let me do that to him. Solis was being a good boy as well, letting me cuddle him. Yes, it sad to lose your ratties, but now I remember why it is so great before all of that. :)

That is really a sweet story.
And yes, I believe that rats really do know what we feel.
The two little guys were living with the other ones too right? They may also feel a void in their lives. So the cuddling might be just as comforting to them as to you.

They were with them for only a short time. They did seem sad, one more than the other because he got along with them better.

Melissa said:
They were with them for only a short time. They did seem sad, one more than the other because he got along with them better.

Rats can bond very very quickly sometimes. Sebbie took a couple of days to absolutely fall in love with Rafiki...they only knew each other for a week before I had them humanely pts together...they were a lovely couple. :)

Some of them can be very empathic when it comes to their human's sadness. They really are wonderful little friends.

This is kinda the same. When I went to take the girls to the vet even if I had only wanted to take one I would have had to take them all. When I put Ruby in the small cage by herself. Hazel went crazy trying to get out of the cage to where Ruby was. She hasn't been separated from Ruby since birth.

Back