9 Hour Car Rides

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RataTat13

So with summer quickly approaching I am planning out my trip back home. Since I will be gone for weeks at a time I will be transporting my boys with me. I currently have them in a Super Pet My First Home for Exotics cage that I got off of amazon, which fits nicely in the back seat of my car. I made this trip once last year during Christmas when I old have Ziggy and Gizmo and they seemed to handle it well though there was a few times I had to stop and check on them.
My question is now that I have 4 boys would it be better to get travel cages for them and break down their cage for travel or would I be able to leave them in their home for the duration of the trip? I just don't want to worry about over heading now with the weather warming up (not that I would be leaving them in the car for long periods of time but my air conditioning can be kind of touchy and I worry about getting enough cool air to them.)
I'm tempted to lean more towards just leaving them in the cage since my two boys did a great job last time but I'm worried with the new and strange sounds my younger boys will stress out and possibly turn on my older two.
[thumbnail:3r8v58n5]http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee217/stylequeen22/image_by_josephineann-d67ks5s_zps4d02f1ca.jpg[/thumbnail:3r8v58n5]
This is my current cage set up for reference.
Any advice would be great,
Thank you

Back