The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fidget

Wishes for a fast & gentle trip to heaven Lee - Low. I expect you will have family or earthly loved one to meet you and assure you that there's no limit on treats there! :D
I'm glad Clark_Graham that you were there to hold her in the end. An everlasting comfort & bond to you both I'm sure.
I'm sorry. You've said goodbye to so many, it has to be so hard.....

Oh Clark, I'm so sorry... sometimes rats have sudden heart attacks or strokes and just can't recover, even at that young age.
It's really hard I know... :cry3:

When they are that young and die so suddenly I am always sure its a heart issue, stroke or heart attack. I am sorry Clark, it hurts when they leave us so young :(

Aww that is so sad, and hard to accept, when a young one goes so fast. My first rat, Matilda died like that. She was about a year old, healthy her entire life, and then I was having a nap and heard her cry out, which she never did, and ran over to find her sort of limpa nd trying to go to me. I picked her up and held here, and could feel her heart going crazy, slow, then fast, then sloow, until it really slowed down. She was dead within 10 mins.

Just take comfort int eh fact that it was quick, and she didn't suffer,a nd that yo were there for her in her final minutes to let her know how much you loved her.

I'm so so sorry. It's hard enough to lose these precious little creatures, but when they leave us young, it's that much harder. I do hope your heart is able to heal soon. Please try and find some comfort knowing that she was otherwise healthy and didn't suffer. I know that's no consulation. But I do hope you can also find comfort in her pals, as I'm sure they are mourning her as well.

Run free little Lee-Low

I lost a dear little girl at just 4 months old. She was one I had waiting so anxiously to be born, as her grandmother was my most cherished rattie of all. The minute I saw her in the litter, I knew she was the one. She had her grandma's eyes, blazed nose and personality. I simply adored her. One morning, we found her "gone" at the bottom of her cage. She was perfectly healthy the night before. There was no sign of injury, choking or anything. She was just "gone". It took me months to think about her without crying. My little Camille. :sad3:

Please don't be too hard on yourself. She could have had an anurism, heart attack or just about anything that wouldn't have presented itself. I'm so incredibly sorry! :cry3:

aww that's so sad. She was really sweet when we met her. I hope her sister will make some new friends to help her cope with the loss. So sorry to hear of her passing.
Lindsay

Back