5 Rat boys ALL HAVE FOUND HOMES PLS DELETE

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kgirl27

ALL HAVE FOUND HOMES PLEASE DELETE

I am moving to Alberta and need to find homes for 5 beautiful rat boys. Alberta is a rat free province apparently. :(.
You will need to supply your own cage big enough for the amount you'd like to adopt.

I would like at least two to go to each home if you don't already have a rat. They cannot be kept as single rats. If you already
have a rat then adopting one of them could work, as long as the rats get along. It would be great if they could stay together
but I know 5 is a lot for one person.

Their names are Asher, Aladdin, Apple, Orange, and Olive. They all have wonderful personalities.

This is Asher. He is about 7 months old and is brown. He is very friendly and outgoing, but doesn't like being picked up very much! He loves to play though and is a real cutie. He has a cute white pattern on his tummy!
ashers.jpg

This is Aladdin. He came to me from a pet store that didn't treat him very well. He is shy but playful, he loves to push his toys towards you and retrieve tossed toys. He will need a lot of time with his new person to bond with him. He sometimes nips in the cage but doesn't bite while being held. He's a special boy that needs the right person/people to bond with him.
He is about 6 months old.
aladdino.jpg

This is Apple. He came to me from the same pet store as Aladdin, and is very shy. He is a new addition to my home, and still needs a lot of socializing. He looks like he might have the same parents or parent as Aladdin. He is extremely sweet, and with lots of love and care should flourish!
appleo.jpg

This is Orange. He is Apple's brother, and came to my home the same time as Apple. He is also shy and very sweet, and needs a lot of socializing. He is a great little guy!
oranger.jpg

Another picture showing his markings
orangesmarkings.jpg

This is Olive. He is about 6 months old, and is a very sweet, gentle little guy. He is loving and cuddly, and is quite calm while being held. He has beautiful markings and is a really lovely rat.
olive.jpg

I adore them and am really sad to give them away for adoption, so good homes only please and serious inquiries only. You can send me a message here or you can also call me at 250-712-9400.

I dont understand how you have 7, but only a cage big enough for 2/3? Usually supplying the cages that they live in helps as well. If you are moving to Alberta, you may not need the cage? I dunno, just wondering :)

Good luck finding your boys a new home and BOOOOO on Alberta.

Also to add, if you're talking about the Living World Rat Resort, it's not big enough to house even two males, unfortunately. Just so anyone who might be considering adopting these boys knows, that cage won't be suitable for a pair of them.

(If this isn't the cage you mean, then ignore me!)

Hey everyone. Thanks for your feedback. I will take photos of them and post them up. I have a Critter Nation that my rats live in, but it's spoken for already.
I got the Living World Rat Resort when I first got my first two rats. It does seem small, but is it really not good for two rats? If they get enough time outside of the
cage it seems like it's an okay size. Of course it doesn't compare to the Critter Nation's awesomeness. :)

The Rat Resort cage is under a year old. It's in great shape-nothing wrong with it at all :).
Shall add pics of my babes shortly!
:)

Kirsten

According to the cage calculators, the Rat Resort will hold 2 females, or 1 male. But you should never keep rats alone, so it kind of rules it out for boys. Also, rats really should be housed in cages with a base no smaller than 18 inches by 30 inches, which the Rat Resort does not have.

I use the Rat Resorts in my rescue for singles that come in (temporarily) or for a pair of females until they get adopted, but I really don't like using them and I've been trying to slowly switch to all CNs (I have 4 now... yikes!) and Martin's R680's (for singles/pairs/trios that come in).

Hey again,

Oh I see, thanks for that info. Maybe the cage would be best then for someone with two female rats.

I have posted pics of each rat in my original post. If anyone is interested please let me know! :)

Kirsten

Unfortunately there are so many rats in need of homes all across Canada that it might take a while to find good homes for all of them. It's too bad you can't offer the CN and that way they might all be able to go together.

Hi there, thanks for your reply! I registered over at little mischief but haven't had my account approved yet. I have had two rats adopted to a good home and am still looking for homes for the other 5. What would you like to know about their history? I would be glad to answer any questions. You can send me a message here or call me at 250-712-9400.

Thanks so much!
:)

Kirsten

Back