5 girls rescued from Truro

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindsayfawn

These girls were rescued from a guy in Truro. He would have let them go outside if no one came and got them. He had bought the female and had a male. Breed them and got four girls. He had all 6 rats in this cage. Needles to say they don't know what to do with all the room they have now in a single cn.

I asked him where the male was seeing as he only had 5 girls listed on the add. He said he had to 'let him go'. I didn't ask for clarification if that meant he let him go outside or killed him. He said the reason he let him go was because he wouldn't leave the girls alone.

The girls have small bite marks at the base of their neck. I am guessing this is from the male when he mated with them.

Out of the 5 I'm 90% sure that two are preggo :( I think they're between 5-7 months. They're pretty small.

They're very kissy girls and interested but scared to be picked up.

They are all named after female singers.

Madonna- She is one of the ones I'm sure is preggo.

Tina

Cher- She is one of the ones I'm sure is preggo...just look at that belly

Celine

Pink

Yup they were all in the tiny cage. I was amazed that none of them had any bumble foot from the wires or wounds from being in such tight quarters.

Tina, the black berk, has only 1 bottom tooth. The top teeth look like they're going to need to be trimmed.

We're weighing them all daily. They're eating like pigs so I doubt they had good food before. They're such sweet girls. I had them out for outtime in the tub today and they loved that. I'll get a video up soon.

Here's the girls enjoying some out time.

[BBvideo 450,375:2quv9ven]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTXnEx7PNBM&list=UUfVfhAyeyMXvxJAKAjcl4Nw&index=1[/BBvideo:2quv9ven]

We weighed them and 3 went down in weight and two stayed the same. I think I remember Camilla doing that and then she ballooned the last 4 days before she had babies.

I really hope none of them are pregnant. Time will tell.

It never fails to amaze me how ignorant and cruel some people can be...and the poor male rat...

I'm so glad the girls are with someone kind like you. If the two are pregnant, perhaps a rat rescue can help home some of the babies? At least they all have a future with you. Enjoy your girls!

I'm the only rat rescue in my area lol Things are slow right now but I think they'll pick up. I have posters everywhere and listed on kijiji.

I'm in the process on figuring out how to become a registered non profit. It's not easy finding info.

The girls are up in weight a tiny bit. Cher is has the biggest gain but it's only 1 oz. She's pretty bony but eating everything in site which is good. They don't let anything go to waste that's for sure. They're already getting very friendly and come to the cage when you talk to them. Cher is such a kissy girl! She has to lick you as soon as your hand is close by lol

Yup lol But I've been tricked before with this small weight gain lol so we'll see what happens. I'm really hoping that they're not preggo. I love babies and raising them is fun but there are lots more ratties to save.

The girls haven't had any major weight gain. Their weight has been fluctuating up and down by barely an ounce. I think We might actually dodge a bullet lol :joy: They're QT is done on Thursday. I'm going to keep weighing them till then just in case.

Back