40 or so ratties going from NB to MRR

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindsayfawn

So a while back SQ rescued some ratties and then I rescued some ratties for her in SJ. All babies so it was easy to put everyone together (males with males and so on obviously lol). MRR said they would take them all. The SJ babies were here for about a week I think and then I took them to Holly as she had to get the vet papers and then was taking them to the border that weekend.

MRR couldn't get anyone for that weekend so they have been at Holly's for a couple weeks now...probably longer I can't remember. Running on zero sleep lol anyways....seeing as Holly is out of commission for driving I'll be taking the babies to meet the MRR person in St. Stephen.

It will be a bit of a trek as I am driving from Moncton to Fredericton to St. Stephen and back to Moncton. I think it is around 5hrs or so of driving I dunno.

It's nice when rat people come together for the greater cause though!

I think I'm going to go and try and grab an hr sleep before I have to start driving lol I'll post pictures on the MRRG facebook group.

Lindsay picked up the 37 babies and young mama from me and is driving them to Saint Stephen for their trip over the border to MRR

I kept one baby boys as he is ill with a possible inner ear infection and on several antibiotics.
I also kept a baby black berk to be friends with him as black berks are harder to find good homes for.

It was very hard to see them go ... particularily the mama and an older baby girl and an older baby boy ...
I have been caring for them since April 26 and they are going to leave a huge hole .... in my heart amd in my life ...

Wow, what would the Maritimes do without Mainely Rats Rescue! You guys all rock!
SQ's not going to know what to do with herself with all that extra time freed up! LOL
MRRG has added another pile to the list of lovely little lives saved and sent on their way to a forever home. :heart:

SQ had a lot of work getting and caring for those ratties over the last month or so. They were growing fast and eating prodigious amounts of food! Time for her to relax at least a little, with her own ratties, while she heals her ankle.

I hope that the little boy with the bad ear infection will recover OK. He was in bad shape before she started him on Clavamox.

Such a relief that the border crossing went well. That's the part that worries me the most.

Back