4 moms & babies - for adoption- gone

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I buy the large and treat all my small animals with it....the dose is 0.2cc for 8lbs. From a 240mg tube and I can do my two cats and two shelties........I use one tube for my large dog.
I don't have anything to weigh them accuratly...nothing for animals that small.

I'll weigh the baby girls and you can approx from that.

I have a digital postal scale. Weights accurately to one gram.
Works great for ratties.

lilspaz68 said:
dose the babies!! I did Dilbert at 3 weeks with no problem. I would imagine an infestation of lice would be hurting them more than Revolution would :(

I am soo happy to hear this about Abscess Girl, and her friend will be able to eat properly...did they say why the tooth was overgrown? Is she mallocluded or was her tooth broken?

Holly you ROCK!

mallocluded and she is going to always have a problem with all of the front 4 teeth. Plus she is missing another tooth. Vet will look into seeing if he feels comfortable about pulling all 4 front teeth.

Both of those two girls have been suffering for some time :sad3:

Everyone is all done...and yes on the little black berk I can see he is loaded. I should have looked closer....hmmmm and I have been kissing them... :sick2: oh well I have kissed worse then little lice loaded rats....

Those poor rats in that awful condition. Thank god for all of you for doing this.
I hope the others left behind will be properly treated as well. :sad3:

It might help explain what happened to the missing one week old litter ....

Will email the woman about the lice so hopefully all others will be treated. Also about the condition of the two girls.
Glad the little one with the abscess was able to get the surgery before the infection spread into her gums, etc.

Very tired so still in NB. Heading to NS at 5 am after I get some sleep. Then medicate, shower and change and drive to Moncton, NB to Clarks.

Drive safe SQ, your doing such a great thing for the rats. Get some good sleep tonight, and hope to hear back from you later this weekend :)

I practically had to tie SQ down to get her to stay at her mom's overnight! She had been determined to go back tonight, but she was in no shape to be driving. She gave everybody their meds. I had some metacam for the little girlie with the sore tongue and some Clavamox for both the little girls.

So sad to see them. They look rather bedraggled, and they are very thin. But they are active and curious and obviously much better off than they were a few short days ago.

ETA: Dahlas, Holly said that the girls weigh about half a pound (254 g)

You can imagine what I think of the woman who had those poor creatures before you guys rescued them. :rant:

I'm going to call her today and tell her the babies all are loaded with lice and if she wants to drop off the ones she kept she can.......might work.

Dahlas said:
I'm going to call her today and tell her the babies all are loaded with lice and if she wants to drop off the ones she kept she can.......might work.

Ooh Dahlas what a great idea!!! Parasites creep out people and she might throw the rats at you...don't tell her how easy they are to treat unless she is determined to keep them. :wink2:

These little rats really fell into the right hands with all of you! :grouphug:

SQ emailed her last night to tell her they had lice and that the others should be treated with Revolution. We know that she is very unlikely to do that, so a well-timed phone call from Dahlas might do the trick at getting her to relinquish the other poor things.

Little boys are getting friendlier....When I got home to day and went to the cage...the smallest little fawn boy, whom I call Lewis, came running over and crawled up the wire........
Do you know what I thought of then...."hmmmm maybe I could have just one more"......hahah then I gave my head a shake.....

After discovering the poor condition of 2 of the 4 girls at the vet's yesterday, I will be making vet appointments for the rest of the girls asap.

I know....they are really awful looking. Every time I pick up one of these babies I can't believe how thin they are.....they are all eating lots of good food so I hope they will fatten up soon.
I called the woman they came from but she wasn't home...I will try later.

Back