• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Rat Shack and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

<:3 )~ The Rat Stash- Hot Gifts for Cool Fuzzies

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:ratwave: Lots of New Fabrics!!!

4374180446_d5449310b5.jpg
4373425663_bbb1958e08.jpg

4374180256_060119da3c.jpg
4374179946_1512ac55db.jpg

4374180104_7aefab7f4f.jpg
4374179616_da1bc29247.jpg

4373425365_db63732021.jpg
4373424545_30b5ee6d49.jpg

& just a few updates... This months Rescue of the Month is Houston Rat Rescue, for all of their hard work taking in many of the animals from the Texas Exotic Animal Seizure, so 10% of all purchases goes directly to them at the end of the month! :thumbup:

Even bigger news for the folks on this forum... March&#39;s Rescue of the Month is going to be noneother than Chelle&#39;s Critter Haven, to help them recoup the money spent on Clods amputation & the day to day costs of running a shelter!!! So... start figuring out what you&#39;d like to stock up on next month, as 10% of all purchases will be going directly to C.C.H.!!! :happydance:

Also, don&#39;t forget about Huron Valley Rat Rescues Annual Raffle, I do believe its about to come to a close & there are a ton of fantastic prizes to try & get your hands on!

Ok everyone, its that time of the month again... thanks to everyone who purchased, we were able to raise $33 for Houston Rat Rescue!!! :thumbup:

[center:3cyepcuy]~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~[/center:3cyepcuy]

[center:3cyepcuy] [/center:3cyepcuy]
& March's rescue of the month, Chelle's Critter Haven, had a story that hit me on quite a personal level. While the worst of the story is now over & done with, I felt it extremely important for all pet owners to read. Some of you who know me well know that I lost my baby boy Tajo due to a simple misjudgment of a toy <3. After seeing how easily a mistake like that can happen, I feel very strongly about passing along any information pertaining to possible hazards our little ones might have around them. Please take a moment to read Clods story, & please investigate your pets play areas & housing for any & all potential dangers.

[center:3cyepcuy]Read Clod&#39;s Story Here[/center:3cyepcuy]

[center:3cyepcuy]Clod&#39;s Happy Ending[/center:3cyepcuy]

&, since so there are so many Canadians over here... I thought I'd break down shipping charges to make it easier for those wanting to help support C.C.H.

[center:3cyepcuy]S&H Charges for Canadian Orders:
(subject to change, since I don&#39;t ship to Canada very often & may be off. But, I&#39;m pretty confident that these charges are about right, so we&#39;ll start with these & see how close I am... :thumbup: )[/center:3cyepcuy]

[center:3cyepcuy]Up to $40 - No Additional Charge Applies
$40-$100 - Add $5
$100 & Up - Please Contact For Shipping Quote
[/center:3cyepcuy]

I've been away petsitting but I'm finally back!!! I have some more great new fabrics, & can squeeze in a few easter hammocks if anyone is interested. This has also been a wonderful month for our Rescue of the Month, Chelle's Critter Haven, as I believe we have at least $30-$40 raised & the month is not yet over. I will be updating the total amount raised tonight after I get fully unpacked & settled. & any orders paid before the end of the month will also be contributing to C.C.H. :dance:

4441528125_266c17f5ba_m.jpg

4441526679_f1f3773ed7_m.jpg

4441526677_a5cda29693_m.jpg

4441526675_c6bd54eabd_m.jpg

4441526673_133b411909_m.jpg

4441526669_0bd4fa84b8_m.jpg

4441526663_c751069be6_m.jpg

& for Easter (I still have the quite a bit of the Bunnies, but might be out of the Easter Egg fabric):

4444256944_5e0dca0b17.jpg

[center:1lsb5gsb]~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~[/center:1lsb5gsb]

& here are some wonderful orders that went out while I was petsitting:

Kat's Order: (Still have more of this gorgeous fabric :wink: )
4435947731_a681d6dd35.jpg

Debra's Order:
4435947735_3b645d3b85.jpg

Althea's Order: :love6:
4440833887_189275f555.jpg

Lisa's Order:
4444253192_d7cb41be28.jpg

& Kat's Easter Hammies: :bunnydance:
4455818060_2e678a754a.jpg

I still have the Easter Egg Playhouse available, if mailed tomorrow it might still make it in time. :thumbup:

& Here is a wonderfully jam packed order for Kat!!! I absolutely adore this fabric. :heart:

4474106608_976a86df26.jpg

Last Day to make a purchase to benefit Chelle's Critter Haven. What a wonderful month this has been, but there's still time to up the count if you get your order in paid today. Premade purchases count as well, & can be shipped out tomorrow for you.

Thanks so much to everyone who's helped out so far. I'll have final totals posted tomorrow! :thumbup:

[center:3aa9p48o] :dance: :joy: :dance: :joy: Just wanted to let everyone know that a grand total of $61 was raised this month for Chelle&#39;s Critter Haven, which is simply fantastic!!! Thanks so much to everyone who made this possible, & a huge thanks to Chelle for all the wonderful work she does daily. :heart:

Also, another $14 was raised for Mainely Rat Rescue for purchases of their signature Bunkbeds & Honeycombs!!!

There will be a slight delay on announcing April&#39;s Rescue of the Month as I have something special up my sleeve I&#39;m trying to arrange. I should have the rescue listed on the website within a few days though.
[/center:3aa9p48o]

& Godmother: Thanks so much for your purchase. This one came out absolutely stunning, & will be in the mail tomorrow for you along with your Easter Egg Playhouse! :love5:

4481117214_695d9a8354.jpg

[center:1vnazbvn]10% of all proceeds for the month of April will be going to Shelagh, -AKA- "LilSpaz68" on Goosemoose Forum & The Rat Shack Forum, along with a bundle of hammocks for her rescue rattums!

* Those who are active on the forum are well aware of how much Shelagh has done for so many rats along the way. She specializes in opening her home & heart to the sick, injured and old...sometimes the psychologically challenged, taking on the type of cases that many would turn away. She has endured the heartbreak, struggled countless hours to give each of these beautiful creatures the best chance at health & happiness, & she has worked countless miracles for so many "hopeless" cases. She has also reached out to so many others in their time of need to help with advice & support, myself included. *
[/center:1vnazbvn]

Great choice for April!! And, oh, what a lovely Playhouse! Thanks!

For anyone who is contemplating buying a hammock this month, I can tell you that the Playhouse is one of the favourites of all time. There are several levels and lots of entrances. Works great in a playpen or in a cage.

2 more completed orders... :wink:

Heidi: Here is your Planets Pocket Bunker & your fantastically bright rainbow themed Pocket Bunker!!! Hope your rats love them!

4482654289_dbdb9f8dca.jpg

Debra: Two more fantastic prints for you! Can't wait to see what your rats think of them! :BlueDumboSmile:

4482654281_89a195e403.jpg

[center:yk0tfv7a]Happy Easter Everyone!!!
easter-smiley-17729.gif
[/center:yk0tfv7a]

& it looks like the Easter Bunny had a few tricks up its sleeve this year...

First, our cubes are now available with 4 entry/exit holes, making them more of a funhouse cube than the traditional sleeping cube. I may try a bungalow as well with this design if requested, but do not know yet if that will work as well support-wise. Nothing insanely new there, but a fun little addition, nonetheless!

& secondly, a possible new addition may be on its way. I whipped this "thingamajig" up last night for Verdell & Minx&#39;s Easter treats, and was really happy with the result. It&#39;s basically a double decker with two additional flats coming out the top of the tunnel. As with any first attempt, one minor goof was made, being that the flats should have been reversed with the fleece on top & the print on the underside, but luckily that&#39;s just aesthetics. I&#39;ll post better photos once it&#39;s in the cage, & decide if it will be offered/pricing once I see what the overall opinion of the hammock is.

New Thingamajig in Garden Bunnies (tunnel should be hanging wider, but you get the idea):
4490118251_3352d64087.jpg

4490118221_ffb549981c.jpg

Easter Cube w/ 4 Entry holes in new shapes:
4490118239_9eec77c979.jpg

Verdell & Minx&#39;s Full Easter Set!!!
4490118261_ec17858b55.jpg

Those look great! Cubes need more than one hole, or else the ratties will make more. As for the new thingies, they would be perfect for a Martins playpen. My gang love to run along hammocks in the playpen, and the thingamajig would make it all so easy to put together.

Cubes with more than one opening! You're officially my hero! I love you! Haha. If not all four sides, if requested, could you put it on two sides that were together? I'm going to suck at explaining this -- but rather, two holes that were beside each other as opposed to on opposite sides?

My cage is a bit of a pain and I would like having one hole facing the cage door, and one facing their shelf just so it's easy for the tilted boy to get into and I check on them in it easily.

Sorry if theres a picture of one around that I've just blindly missed or if it says you will somewhere, I looked, I swear! Im a bit blind sometimes haha.

Scythe: Absolutely. I've actually offered cubes with front & back holes for quite some time, but the holes can easily go on any or all sides, even the top & bottom if someone wanted that for some reason. I'm also going to update the website so everyone knows that holes can also be placed lower on the cube, great for older ratties with less mobility. :thumbup:

& two views of Verdell & Minx's new thingamajig in the FN: :dance:

Can move the side flats for different effects:
4492016934_9a48bc1c8a.jpg

& with Verdell & Minx peeking out:
4492016942_f27299e3cb.jpg

I'm happy to announce that after numerous requests, I am indeed able to offer fleece/fleece Playhouses!!! They will be offered for $35 since they are more tedious to make & the fleece costs more, but they are definitely a fantastically snuggly ratty retreat!

I have 2 people lined up for this one, since they both requested fleece on fleece playhouses, but if they don't want it I'll put it up for sale:
Fleece/Fleece Owls Playhouse w/ light tan lining:
4494146229_9d581bd3c4.jpg

& here are the available fleece patterns I have for anyone interested. I can probably do most any design fleece on fleece, but would prefer to offer them up as requested premades before I actively accept orders/payments for them, just in case my machine can't tackle a certain hammock design with double fleece...

Some patterns are only good for larger hammocks, as fleece prints tend to be quite big to begin with...
4494146227_5875001622.jpg

Good thing for my bank balance that the Owls playhouse is spoken for! That is one stunning hammock, and the lucky ratties who get it will love every minute in it.

...brace yourself Godmother... :lol:

The fleece on fleece owls playhouse is now available. The first customer was short on funds this month, the next opted to have theirs made out of the pink swirls fabric... so....

Solid Fleece Owls Playhouse w/ tan lining - SOLD:
4494146229_9d581bd3c4.jpg

Sarah: Your order is complete & will be shipping out tomorrow for you! Absolutely fantastic fabric choices! :heart:

4498367085_ebca4a9daa.jpg

Chelsey: Your wait is over! & what fun this has been. I had a blast with your fabric choices & hopefully you'll enjoy them as well. Made for a challenging photo though... I wanted you to see all the fantastic fabrics you picked, but the hammocks should be hanging wider. & hopefully you'll like the surprise hammock. I've been dying to use that fabric for some time & it certainly looked "Chelsey Bright"....I can't wait for mine to arrive... still haven't peeked!

4498367089_48ea9732bf.jpg

I put an announcement on the website but for anyone who missed it... I'll be petsitting again from April 23-May 2, so please get any orders in before April 18th to avoid delays. I will still be accepting/sewing orders during that time, but there will be delays in checking fabric availability. Thanks guys! :thumbup:

Back