3 New boys.... :( Neuter day 5/19/14

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These boys are going to be the death of me. Honestly. I pulled Remy and Ryker from the group of boys since they were both sick so I placed them together. Ryker died and I had him alone till I placed him with my Phatty Phantom who is having problems and jax who is also aging fast.

The two boys Rj ( black and white) and Dirk (black) was pulled not to long after because it was constant fights. So they live together.

Rj is a total jerk. I have been putting off neuters hoping they would just simmer down but lately all the do is fight. RJ I think the problem but I might as well do both. They will sleep cuddled up and then start fighting for no reason. Dirk flew out of the hammock tonight from a fight.

I got two boys a few weeks ago from an old friend. They need neuters as well. I am sure the smells trigger these boys here but holy hell. I have 3 group of 2 boys that need neuters. I could pick about 5 other boys that could use them to maintain peace in the group....

I am trying take them in on monday for neuters going to call tomorrow and see if i can....

Here is RJ cutest little thing but holy hell a terror! He is a fat terror now though which is more than I can say for when he first got here.

I hate neuters because I know health wise it is better for girls to be spayed but angry boys cant stay that way!

image.jpg

Maybe you should change his name to Trilogy "of terror" as in that horror movie that leaves every one stuck on top of their beds afraid to get down.

It is funny how triggered they are with smells. I brought some girls down last night and that was enough to trigger RJ into being a total PITA

Here is dirk the scared boy......
1554354_10152132154726409_1627566014925130840_n.jpg

and my favorite pjs LOL

The boys are in for neuters. I had a really hard night with GLoria and her pt last night and when they fought I didnt check him. RJ never caused an injury before but last night he did.

10329261_10152138589481409_6145816077054141060_n.jpg

thankfully those balls are being removed so I dont have to worry about them being infected just have to watch the wound itself. I will probably split their cage up and let them have out time so they dont forget each other. I cant do single rats but with the neuter it should be ok after a few weeks.

I spent 4.5 hours in the car because of RJ. He ripped his glue out before we left, they fixed him. when I got home he did it again, stitches glue and all!

He is bandage up...I am hoping he is done with this crap for the day.

Dirk is doing ok but I have to watch RJ since he had so much trauma with 3 closures so I have him on baytril and metacam and I am hoping he dont pull them out again.

image.jpg

Back