2 Noisy rats?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melissa's ZOO

Rose for the last three days has a very noisy rattle to her breathing. Not sneezing a lot. When I put her to my ear I can hear her breathing rattle. No porphrin. Still active, hungry and mean as ever.

Should I do a round of antibiotics? or let her settle down. I have been doing intros with the new babies for 2 weeks or so and I wonder if she is just stressed?

I figured that it is just stress and it does sound like just congestion. When she gets to running around the sound is not as bad as when she first wakes up.

How much Benadryl? She weighs about 430 grams? I have the generic capsules? I am not sure the milligrams of the capsules.

See I am horrible at doing medicine figures. I only passed Algebra my Senior year because I had to in order to graduate, otherwise Math is my worst subject.

I guess that liquid Benadryl will come with a dropper with ml's marked on it? If not I will ask the pharmacist if he has a dropper. He likes it when I tell him what I am needing is for a rat, his daughter has mice.

It will be much easier with a dropper with the mls. lol
I was pretty damn good in math when in school but since not having used it in so many years, it really hurts my head to think about it. lol

So I tried the Benadryl and it did not work. This morning she had moments of labored breathing and was extremly noisy.

I put some of that Ferrett RX stuff on her nose and it seemed to help her breath a little better. She is still eating and fiesty as ever.

Should I go ahead with antibiotics?

Probably just a MYCO flare up?

I think it has to do with it being so cold and that it takes me a few days to get the thermostat just right so that its not to cold or not to hot in the house. I have a humidifier in their room, but I am not sure how much it is really helping.

Rose and Clover are definitely enjoying the Peanut butter and honey mix with their meds. It is so cute because they each latch on to the spoon and try to drag it off to the farthest corner to eat it.

Back