18 baby rats(and counting) London, ON going to need homes!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will take a female berk if you have one hun. As far as fostering goes I'm not sure I have space in the cage to foster. I'll txt you a pic of the cage and you can judge on my space available. I donated the smaller cage last week to heavens wildlife. But I may be able to get my hands on one or two. I'll let you know :)

I will take a female berk if you have one hun. As far as fostering goes I'm not sure I have space in the cage to foster. I'll txt you a pic of the cage and you can judge on my space available. I donated the smaller cage last week to heavens wildlife. But I may be able to get my hands on one or two. I'll let you know :)

I would highly recommend that you get at least 2 babies. It will help them adjust faster and give them a same age companion to play with.
http://www.ratshackforum.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Brianne already has 2 young girls from a local big chain store. Its just one more lovely to join the group :)

Minnieflower I know that there are fawn/beige girls. I am still organizing the pix and I'll post which are which soon.
Brianne there is an agouti berk for sure. I can't recall offhand if the fawn berks are male or female or a few of each.

The London SPCA has his info and will pay him a visit and with the proof of witnesses to his heartlessness he will either have to willingly sign over all animals or face court and charges with witness testimony.

Yeah I actually have three lol my son and I got two four weeks ago. And then my step daughter asked for one for her bday. So Jamie our newest girl is still very young and she was brought home last weekend.

Ingrid will make a great addition to your mischief! :)
She's being well handled and will be much more confident then your chain-store girls. Hopefully a good influence as well!

So excited to meet her, we're making slow progress with our girls. Yesterday we picked them up and put them in a hat and sat with them one on one. They let us pet them, clearly they were terrified at first as they were shaking. But they did seem to be other wise ok with it.
They aren't willing to come out of the cage on their own yet

They would only be used to being picked up, tossed in a bucket in a back room that is very noisey and then back into their plexiglass prison at the store you got them from.
As we talked about keep using the hats and the down the shirt methods and soon they will associate humans with love and scritches and treats

So excited to meet her, we're making slow progress with our girls. Yesterday we picked them up and put them in a hat and sat with them one on one. They let us pet them, clearly they were terrified at first as they were shaking. But they did seem to be other wise ok with it.
They aren't willing to come out of the cage on their own yet

I brang my boys cage and put it at the end of my bed, they became attached really fast, there on there way to learning there names ! it just takes time. Good luck, i hope this guy goes to jail soon.

Got a call, brief and not much info. But the home of the inhumane freezer a**hole has been investigated. They cannot tell me much else until they either press charges or need evidence from me or "Jay" the initial rescuer of the two Momma's. I told him to ensure his timeline is rock solid and that he has his story clear. We're still working on making contact with the other rescuer of 13 other rats and what state his home is in if any of them had babies! :s

No updates on if charges were laid.
The babies have been weaning well and are happy pudgey bubs. I should be picking them up Monday. Going to meet a rescue from Strathroy and she is going to take the females and I am going to take the males.
One female has a home with Brianne and I also have another family mulling it over. The Strathroy rescue is close so we can always pick the girls up easily.

Babies will be picked up Sunday and all into their new homes or at least temporary rescue homes by Monday. I have to make accommodations for the night for all 19 babies. And then transfer the girls and a few boys to Strathroy and baby Ingrid to her new mom Brianne here in Sarnia.

The London SPCA has his info and will pay him a visit and with the proof of witnesses to his heartlessness he will either have to willingly sign over all animals or face court and charges with witness testimony.

Too bad he's not facing BOTH signing over the animals and criminal charges. Freezing live animals is hideously callous.

DAWNTHESNIPE he may very well have(had) both happen. I am going to call tomorrow and see if they have any info for me.

BRIANNE I'm excited to make this connection for your family and a wee rattie in need.

We had a minor set back with an emergency vet visit today with one of my dogs but tomorrow plans continue to reach these babies and get them into new homes/rescues where they truly will have a miracle life. Its still a miracle to me they ALL lived through that ordeal.
The gentleman who saved them may need to rehome the Momma's too as the abundance of rat presence has brought on a serious allergy problem.

Back