18 baby rats(and counting) London, ON going to need homes!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPDATE!!!
Final count was 14 girls and 5 boys! How early pictures can be deceiving.
All 19 babies are in their rescue or permanent home.
Baby Ingrid is with BRIANNE who to prove Sarnia is a smaller town lives less then a block away from me. (I could walk to her house in 5 mins)
So Ingrid is close :)
The remaining 13 girls went to Strathroy to Tanya who has plenty of room for those busy baby girls. What a riot they were trying to catch when they thought we should play tag and popcorned all over!
The 5 beautiful boys are with me. What sweet wee gentleman they are. I am finding names that mean "miracle" for them or possible Irish names as its St. Patrick's Day. Any Irish names meaning miracle would be awesome. (If anyone knows of any.) I will research tonight.

The two Momma's 'Bear'and 'Gizmo' stayed with their original rescuer for now to see if the allergies subside with fewer ratties around. They were reunited after I gathered the babes. Gizmo ran into Bear's cage and they immediately started grooming each other. It is still unknown who had which babies but they shared in care of their wee ones until they got too big to all share one cage. Clear they share a strong bond.
The babies are lovely and clearly well handled and loved. Ingrid immediately snuggled into her new Momma's neck. The boys are all kissy boys. I am sure once photos circulate I will find homes easily for these handsome boys!

Happy endings!!!

Minnieflower I appreciate your offer and no doubt there will be ratties in the future that will need help and I know I can always count on your help!
The boys are enjoying dinner and exploring their surroundings and the new smells.

Pictures tomorrow of the handsome boys. :)

Last edited:
Could not wait to take pictures of these cuties!
They are so adorable and don't mind being posed for pictures. And I got names found and I think assigned.

This beautiful wee boy stole my heart already! Think he will be Neo which means "gift"
02c92dd7f70b6f7cef3b90be85f104d1.jpg

Ingrid's twin brother, Ezekiel or Zeke for short meaning "gift"
490d259bfd1887c0e2554c9ce8d8b262.jpg

Beautiful light fawn guy, Asher, meaning "blessing"
f7d0d4b8e46d0edde776cb8282da26d8.jpg

Cheeky monkeys exploring their space
919580007ed31e7fb487ffd76d970b56.jpg

What are this? Haha checking out the room from a safe corner.
5f0c7d0a5886e27ae89174ed410938ff.jpg

There are two grey/agouti veri-berks and they will be Bennett "blessing" and Theodore "gift"

*the wood toy was theirs from their nursery cage. Kept something familiar for now. Will need to be tossed when they settle more and I get them something new.*

Last edited:
Ingrid got some major loving last evening. She is so sweet. She is currently in her own little cage because she was so tired. Her big sisters were being a bit much for her to handle.
She was clearly well handled because she is not in the least bit skittish.
Sarnia IS a small world :) happy to know I have neighbours with similar passions!
I will post pics as soon as I get home from work. She's so freaking cute!!!
So glad all these girls and boys will be safe and happy.

Yes the remaining 13 girls are adoptable now as well as the boys I have. Though little Neo has my heart strings so I may keep him. He's the most hesitant to approach but when he does it feels like such an amazing payoff

Just got an email that 4 of the 13 remaining females have already found forever homes (2 pairs). So only 9 girls and 4 boys remaining

Update!
Many of the girls from this situation have found forever homes. The boys are still here awaiting forever homes. But in the meantime we are socializing and making them into well-mannered little rat men! Neo and Ashur are now living with Danzig, Batman and Kanunu and its so cute that Neo and Kanunu were instant buddies. Both named after Keanu Reeves of course.
Bennett and Theodore are a package deal, inseparable and I will never separate them. They are to be adopted together. Ezekiel is a handful and the biggest of the boys. Clearly the boss! He will be screened carefully if he joins an existing colony as he can be pushy.

Now PEEKTURES!!
Neo and Kanunu
edfcf83c0e4e54d4537f9df679f8ad95.jpg

Ashur, Mr. Shy
a82dc2f5a97a98e98c29d49ff2d1106b.jpg

Bennett
62eab538eb4d3c8fef1ff9bbc3e9b5a4.jpg

Theodore
a8434b005045b231332af37ac6bc08fb.jpg

Big boy Zeke
5a03127e00edbb03045b617813eac75b.jpg

Pictures of Zeke the day I got him