Throttle Wotysg Dec. 20, 2012 to Jan. 31, 2015

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This crazy lump he has that still remains keeps moving. From under his jaw in the back, to the front, and now on the side of his face... I'm going to go put some warm compresses on it and see what happens. :tracks: the claws will be out...

Quick update, he went with Peanut as a buddy when he went to have his stitches removed so she took a quick glance at his lump. Its much smaller and soft so he has a week to get rid of it. If he doesn't, we have to bring him back to have it drained or lancet.

Good news, abscess ruptured sometime yesterday and he only had a small tiny bump w/scab.

Bad news, today its filling back up with a large scab present.

Cannot say I'm surprised since it was scabbed over yesterday and not completely gone. It just in a bad spot to get it and he hates us getting close to it. More warm compresses in his future! :undecided:

Some of the abscess went down by the time I got to it yesterday, but I did get the scab off and some thick white stuff out of it. It didn't smell though so I'm not sure what this is.

Its been a few days now since I got the remaining goo out of the bump and it hasn't come back!!! He's still on antibiotics and we're going to start weening him off the pain meds. I would of taken him off the pain meds earlier, but daddy wanted to keep him on as long as he had the bump. Other than Axe's heart condition - that cage might actually he drama free!! :thumbsup:

Drat!
Could it be tooth-related then?

She checked all his teeth when he was under and none of them were loose. Its under his jaw between where his teeth are - so his teeth are on both sides or where it sits. It moves around too - can be where I described, or up front, or on the side... aggh!

Back