Throttle Wotysg Dec. 20, 2012 to Jan. 31, 2015

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poor baby has been trying really hard to eat and I'm not sure he can drink from the water bottle so I've added a bowl. He is a really good medicine taker too even with the nasty metacam he grabs the syringe and puts it in his mouth and licks it. If he could only teach Peanut that. He's been more friendly than usual wanting to be rubbed - I think he's saying good bye!

Throttle is eating and drinking. He had some solid food today and a yogie. Vet looked at him during Axe's appointment and said the area she lancet-ed has gone done, but that hard lump still remains..

He's been more friendly than usual wanting to be rubbed - I think he's saying good bye!

Na, I think he's actually saying thank you mom for taking such good care of me. Rats are fighters... I'm sure he's not done yet!

Crossing fingers that the lab results will turn out to be negative after all...

He's being a grouch now and won't take his meds!!! I think the lump under the chin has either moved or gotten bigger.. He just seems miserable, but he's still eating soft foods..

Let me see if I can get this right - its a lot of big word...

Septic Suppurative Inflammation, Metaplastic epithelio cells, Probable Osteomyolitis - Just one nasty infection we have to try and clear up. Most likely caused by a puncture wound, but no one can find one.

:bananas: NO CANCER!!!

Its still going to be a battle to try and get this infection under control. I know have to put warm compresses on his chin and hope I can open up the lump he has - I do believe its moved more toward the spot she lanceted and gotten softer... My poor boy!

Fantastic news!! What antibiotics will he get now?

He's staying on what he's on doxy and the one that starts with a M (really long word) suppose to be good for abscesses. Not at home so I cannot look at the bottle. He's not on baytril, I thought that was the plan to have him on all three, but it wasn't.

Metronidazole?

Good stuff for anaerobic bacteria :D

Yes, that looks like the word on the bottle. I do believe the lump was a bit smaller this am and its definitely not hard anymore. Its also moved forward to where she lanceted and no longer under his jaw.

Back