Possibly pregnant young rat?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today is the perfect day for more pictures, one of the babies has opened their eyes!! Only one but I expect the others will be following shortly. They are two weeks old now. >w<

13962124093_f539c8c2e0_z.jpg

13962110763_e757a92e47_z.jpg

I think you guys are right about the hairlessness and also dumbo ears. Its strange because the mama is not a dumbo and these babies do not look like her siblings either so I am really wondering who was the father of these kids! Its starting to look like they are all going to be hairless because they are not getting any more fur, but they are all still a lot more furry than Mama. More adorable pictures soon. I have also noticed that they are getting lighter colored as they grow.

Those babies are so adorable! That one little baby does look like she/he's going to be hairless.
It will be neat to see what they all turn out to look like!
It's a good thing that Texas is so far away. :giggle:

Those babies are so adorable! That one little baby does look like she/he's going to be hairless.
It will be neat to see what they all turn out to look like!
It's a good thing that Texas is so far away. :giggle:

I so want that baby..... and Texas is doable for me - I've driven there in a day depending on where its only about 12 or so hours.....

Lol, that baby is very popular! Looks like they are all hairless indeed, a few of them have a large amount of body fuzz but for the most part its pretty sparse. They are all doing well, sunday they will be turning five so I will be separating the boys and girl. I am planning to take most of them to a rat rescue sometime in may since I have not had success finding homes for them. I will miss them, they are so much fun! The rescue is a five hour drive so if anyone has road trip tips for rats it would be helpful.

In other news, Buttercup the mama has developed a hard small lump on her side. It feels detached from her body and does not appear to cause her pain so I am monitoring it for now, I hope it is not serious. Since they are really strong now I gave them a house and a hammock, they love them! All of them pile in at one time, so cute!

14066469981_c503183351_z.jpg

14089721793_46ff96be54_z.jpg

Omg I wish I knew sooner, but I already took two precious boys off from the TX Rat Rescue already, but at least now you know their center as my room for these little darlings!

Dspch911- Me too, it would be nicer to get them into homes rather than take them to the rescue where they may have to sit for a while. :(

Sheldon - I live in El Paso, which is far west texas.

EDK- Thats ok, I am actually further from that rescue so these guys are not going there, I wish I did live closer to some of the big cities in Texas, I think there are probably more resources for rats. I used to live in Houston but I have been out here in the desert for the last few years. These guys are going to Tiny toes rat rescue in New Mexico since it is closer. I plan to keep two but I have not decided which two yet, they are all so precocious. My mother suggested we just keep them all but if they ever got sick the vet bills would bankrupt me!

The little ones are officially 5 weeks so I separated the boys sunday, I felt bad because they were still being weaned but its for the best, I don't want any more mamas! All their little peach fuzz has fallen off except two of them, so they are a bunch of bald little ones. Since I removed the boys I have only saw the girls nursing once more so I think they are officially weaned. :)

14147497593_1c904936fa_z.jpg

14124439982_ed86533581_z.jpg

Back