PLEASE help get this woman charged with animal cruelty- Please help seek justice!!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Emailed.
I'm glad she's being charged at all but this guy is flat-out insulting. It doesn't matter what he personally thinks, what matters is a community of people who know them to be companion animals fought to get her charged in the first place. WE know they are companion animals, WE are fighting for this. Sgreene9398 is right, it's WE THE PEOPLE.

I shared it all over the world. To all my small pet forums. My degu, guinea pig and even hermit crab forum! If even one person from each group signs the petition its 3 more people outside of this forum that give them a voice and hopefully they share it with a friend or two

So here is the email that I received on april 28th. I have spent ever day since then trying to figure out what to do. I have tried to find someone to trap the area. I have just about went and done it myself but I cannot go back daily to check. No one cares if they are loose. could they still be alive yes it is possible maybe not all of them but I hate the idea of them running the streets of chicago after having a d-bag for an owner. I dont know what to think. I have been fighting tears all day because well no one in that damn town even cares.

Hi Peggy.

I thought you might appreciate an update on the Darlissa Freeman case.

Earlier today I spoke to the Chicago Police Officer who investigated the case, made the arrests, interviewed the people involved and charged the mother and daughter. He gave me the following information:

1) The rats were not put in scalding water. It was water from an independent hose, and there was no evidence of any temperature extremes.
2) The entire incident in the washing machine lasted 1minute and 16 seconds.
3) The agitation cycle was not running continuously during the 1 minute and 16 second episode.
4) The rats were never injured.
5) After Ms. Freeman washed the rats, she put all 6 of them in her snake cage, intending to feed them live to one of her snakes.
6) The rats attacked the snake and killed it. When the rats started to eat the snake, Ms. Freeman took them out of the cage and let them all go in the alley behind her home.

Thank you again for your interest in this matter.

Nick Trutenko
Deputy Supervisor, Felony Review Unit
Cook County State's Attorney's Office

She posted after that video that these MF's are fine you can come see them. Something to that. I do not believe they died. If she did in fact end the washer at the end of the video, they were a live. I watched that video 3 times the other night and they were moving. I never believed they died but they might as well of because the city will let them die anyway.

That is just....I don't have words...Could you maybe possibly talk to neighbors and ask them to be on the look out and maybe have them help you catch them? At this point there is no telling how many have survived this long and how far they have wondered to survive..Poor babies :(

Omgosh. Still not any better that she let them go. How many rats did she think her snake could eat. I feel bad for the snake as well. Can't blame the rats for fighting to survive but it was human ignorance that led to its death. She should also be charged for unnecessary harm caused to the snake.
This girl should be sterilized!

Yeah I'd like to know if cruelty charges are being pressed for the sake of the snake. I don't care what animal it is...

I will know more when we go to court :)

We have set traps to try and catch the washer rats who were released after the video according to the police there.

All five traps, rat food, peanuts, and a $25.00 gift card have been delivered! The total in traps was $160.00. We have a total of $95.00 in donations for those traps If any one wants to help out with the trap cost our paypal is [email protected]

Thanks to PAWS Chicago for having an amazing volunteer who traps in the area the rats were released in. This amazing soul will place the traps and check them! We will keep our fingers crossed that we can find some of them :) I am hopeful just because we have seen pet rats survive in the wild for weeks :)

I hope all of you stay safe and are able to find them.

It isnt me so dont worry. There is a woman who frequently traps in that exact area for feral cats, she is quite good and does it often. I was told she will place them and check them so I will wait for news, if my traps are stolen i may make a trip to replace some at Paws in chicago. It appeared to be a hispanic area mainly on 26th street in chicago. Pretty easy to get there, even though I had heart attacks driving in chicago LOL

I guess this woman has managed to catch kittens and cats out there. She found out 5 kittens were born on a roof, one jumped off a 3rd story floor but she managed to trap them all. She will hide my traps and keep an eye on them for me. She will let me know if she finds a rat. I explained what we were looking for, black hooded types, beige and maybe dumbos, I told them that the wild brown rats are not ones they released from what I seen in previous videos most were beige and black and white.

I am extremely hopefully, i have been rejected, refused and just plain told no that they cannot do it. When this woman was going to have the director of paws call me to set this up, I could of cried. I am so thankful that they will do this in these neighborhoods to save the animals there these people are some very special individuals.

Back