PLEASE help get this woman charged with animal cruelty- Please help seek justice!!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This girl's facebook is public and she all around seems terrible. The things she posts on there, I think my family would skin me alive for, and I would never even think about writing the things she has publicly or privately to anyone. I hope her stupid, cocky attitude about this situation and people getting mad about this will change when she realizes there might be consequences for TORTURING LIVE ANIMALS.

Even if no charges are pushed through against them(are rats even protected in Canada? They aren't here), I hope that at least her mother beats her half dead for all this trouble, and that she thinks twice before doing something like this. Maybe if we're lucky they'll send her to therapy and watch her like the serial killer she is.

edit: she's been posting stuff on her page 11 hours ago, so I don't think it's true. :(

Last edited:
Charges can be laid against any animal in Ontario, Canada. Rats aren't specifically protected but if undue harm comes to them charges would be laid. She is in Chicago though. So not sure what laws protect the rats there.
Alberta, Canada doesn't allow rats so I'm not sure what protection laws there are.

I hope she gets maximum penalties!

My heart is sick at what happened to those rats. I'll never understand people who could do that to living creatures.

Our only hope is that the person will be punished.

I made a complaint to the Humane Society of the US as well as the Anti-Cruelty society. Hoping this girl and her mother did get arrested, even if that has not been covered on the news... I reposted the petition on my Facebook profile and one of the rat fanciers pages that I like.

We should petition Facebook to stop allowing content showing animal cruelty and abuse.

They might not post too much in the paper since she is a minor. I did look at her fb the other day and she seems annoyed at the numerous friend requests/messages she was receiving. Although I have to say people like this just don't care and won't. She headed for prison since it won't be long before her victims are human.

Last edited:
I have spoke to most of the agency in chicago as well as the police department. I am 100% sure she was arrested. Chances are we will not see it in the news, maybe a small blurb about it but not a full story. Sadly rats are not mainstream enough. I have fought like hell to get it on the news, emailed every single channel but there was one story done by the chicago tribune on it so we have that.
She was most likely released hours after her arrest. My contacts have assured me that she was in fact arrested and one of my other contacts confirmed it with me again. I have been overwhelmed and obsessed by this. I am so sad I couldnt get them out of there. I wanted nothing more than to cuddle them on my chair and keep them safe. I even have contacts double checking with other agencies to make sure no rats where there. I am not even close to being done but we have won part of the battle she was arrested.

I have spent hours on the phone after work, hours emailing I have done nothing but eat sleep and breath this case .

I will be hooked up with an animal advocate which will be attending the court hearings so I can help them understand how to fight for the rats, I will also be attending the court date for this case to support those fuzz butts who lost their life that day. I wont forget them, ever, i have been touched by this in way I didnt think was possible. It has reminded why I rescue. I will keep fighting till she is sentences to the full extent of the law.

this is the agency who will allow me to go with their advocate. I plan on being that voice since they cannot speak for themselves.
http://www.safehumanechicago.org/about-us/history

11108526_10152815953871409_9090063568604632781_n.jpg

Wooo hooo!!!!
Even if it was just an arrest, sometimes that is enough to make people start to notice, and to make her think twice. This is a victory nonetheless, and thank you so, so, so much for doing this for our animals.

Peggy, everything that you've been doing is amazing. I'm near tears right now, knowing that these little babies will get some sort of justice for their horrible, unnecessary deaths. I wish I was closer and could be of more help than I am right now here in Pennsylvania. Please keep us updated, I joined the group about the Washer Rats on Facebook and will be keeping up with everything.

If nothing else, the horror those little rats went through will create a great wave of resistance to this kind of hell for animals; to have some people take a stand against this kind of cruelty; more and more people are standing up and saying 'enough'. The world must change. It is changing. More people care and aren't afraid to take a stand. It's the only way to make a difference. At least justice will be served. One small step at a time; yet at least, we move forward for animal rights. Thank God.

I am now a contact for pulling rats from chicago animal control! I made some new contacts last night that will be good for us all. I have been contacted by the advocate so I will have more information soon.

Way to go Peggy!! You're an amazing person. Its nice when you can make the right connections and get closer to making a difference.
I'm training now to help with wildlife cases as well. Every single life matters! If it has a heart that beats it deserves to beat happily.

I also got Facebook's BS about the video not violating their community standards, only I looked at their community standards, and guess what!? They supposedly don't allow people to celebrate their crimes. Here is my reply to the Facebook Help Team:

Dear Facebook Help Team,

The actions depicted in Mary Louski's video violate Section 3.03, Animal torture, of the Illinois Humane Care for Animals Act ( 510 I.L.C.S. 70/1 - 18). The fact that she made a video of it violates Section 3.03-1, Depiction of animal cruelty, of the same Illinois statute. Mary Louski's profile indicates she is in Chicago, Illinois, so she is subject to this statute.

Allowing her to flaunt her disgusting crime is a violation of Facebook's Community Standards: "Criminal Activity: How we handle reports of criminal activity on Facebook.

We prohibit the use of Facebook to facilitate or organize criminal activity that causes physical harm to people, businesses or animals, or financial damage to people or businesses. We work with law enforcement when we believe there is a genuine risk of physical harm or direct threats to public safety.

We also prohibit you from celebrating any crimes you’ve committed."

If I had the option of reporting her video as criminal activity, I would have, but that option was not available. You are failing at enforcing your Community Standards if users cannot report violations of ALL those standards.

Facebook making this video available for viewing by other people besides the original user may be violating Section 3.03-1 of the Illinois Humane Care for Animals Act ( 510 I.L.C.S. 70/1 - 18) as well, as that statute makes the knowing possession of depictions of animal cruelty illegal in the state of Illinois.

Facebook is enabling people who are committing crimes in many jurisdictions by allowing them to post content celebrating animal cruelty and abuse. Please stop it.

Last edited:
Hi! I am a new rat owner(as of two weeks ago) and that's all it took to make me say- "What took me so long!" I live in Chicago and this broke my sons heart as well as my own. I saw that facebook page. It scares me that this woman has children.. I complained about that video to facebook as well...I hope they take it down and kick her heartless self off facebook. She's not only cruel, she is an idiot. All those pets and probably her children need to be removed ASAP.

Thank you so for all of your hard work. I am so, so happy to hear that some level of justice has been attained in this case. I won't be happy until I know for certain that these people will never be allowed to have animals in their home(s) again. Please keep us updated!

I think we should definitely work on Facebooks questionable policies. Has anyone yet set anything in motion to challenge them? Let me know.

I have been avoiding this thread because I knew it would make me sad. I am so glad you have taken action and are being their voice.
I definitely agree there are two fights here:
One against the horrible person who committed this crime, and
Two against Facebook for letting this video be viewed.
I am not on Facebook so am not familiar with their policies but Dawn makes the point. Is there any way legally to force Facebook to comply with their own rules?

I have a few more things up my sleeve I will need help from anyone willing. The charges they are putting on them is a misdemeanor not a felony because they are not consider commonly as pets. So I am fighting to get the right charges. I will be posting a few things over the next day I need help from all over the world. The wording which i will post later has an or in it so it is leaves it open to be on how they are viewed. Most dont know abuot rats so it is important to fight for this. I dont think they should be a less of a crime to kill than a cat just because they may not be aware of how popular they are as pets. So i will be begging for help to try to get the right charges done.

I'm relieved to hear that charges are being laid against these cruel people. And although Facebook's indifferent stand is disgusting, if it hadn't been for that video appearing on Facebook, the world would not have known what had been done to those poor rats and no action/reaction would have occurred, nor the other's saved. By virtue of her own stupidity and arrogance in posting the video, this nauseating person ensured her own arrest and consequences (and rightly so). In essence, she hung herself through her own actions. At least social media allows the stupid to open the door for their own repercussions when others become aware of what they did and take an opposing stand against them. I hope all other rats and animals have been removed from that house and are safe now.

Back