PLEASE help get this woman charged with animal cruelty- Please help seek justice!!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will help in any possible way and will get every animal loving advocate involved including the assistant manager of the SPCA here if I can!
Just let me know what I can do!
I will get as many voices involved as possible

Was off for a while, so glad to read these updates!! Would anyone be able to appear in court to support represent the rats? Unsure if that's allowed or not. I don't think I could stomach being in the same room as her but I can't afford to cross the border at the moment anyway.
Thank you to everyone who fought hard to bring justice, especially Peggy. Your work is phenomenal. I'll wait over the next couple of days to see how I can help.

I have a few more things up my sleeve I will need help from anyone willing. The charges they are putting on them is a misdemeanor not a felony because they are not consider commonly as pets. So I am fighting to get the right charges. I will be posting a few things over the next day I need help from all over the world. The wording which i will post later has an or in it so it is leaves it open to be on how they are viewed. Most dont know abuot rats so it is important to fight for this. I dont think they should be a less of a crime to kill than a cat just because they may not be aware of how popular they are as pets. So i will be begging for help to try to get the right charges done.

What can I do to help?

Anything that I can do to help just let me know...It should be just as wrong to kill a rat as it is to kill a cat or dog! I can't be there physically but anything else I can do to help you nail these a**holes to the wall just let me know :)

Was off for a while, so glad to read these updates!! Would anyone be able to appear in court to support represent the rats? Unsure if that's allowed or not. I don't think I could stomach being in the same room as her but I can't afford to cross the border at the moment anyway.
Thank you to everyone who fought hard to bring justice, especially Peggy. Your work is phenomenal. I'll wait over the next couple of days to see how I can help.
I will be in court for them with an anmal advocate from safe humane in chcago.

I iwll have updates later, we need a few hours to pull it together

I changed the name to the post so we can work on justice now

As Promised here is the addresses. These individuals I spoke to today were amazingly helpful :) If they only knew how many letters we would be sending in.

Case number 15120723301 Darlissa Freeman

Honorable Robert D. Kuzas
50 W. Washington St., Rm. 400
Chicago, Illinois 60602

We also need to hit the state attorneys office at

State attorneys office Branch 43
3150 W Flournoy Street
Chicago, Illinois 60602

Remember to be nice, Stress this law

510 ILCS 70/2.01a
Sec. 2.01a. Companion animal. "Companion animal" means an animal that is commonly considered to be, or is considered by the owner to be, a pet. "Companion animal" includes, but is not limited to, canines, felines, and equines.

Explain what rats do, how amazing they are why we love them and how much this case means to us all. How important it is for them to get justice for their deaths. Do not get into the accused, leave them out other than a simple mention of the case number and the names. Mary is a minor so be careful with that.

Include a picture, Include your love for rats and show them the power or rattie owners worldwide. Include a single picture of you and your rats. so they can see that they are commonly known as pets and family. Put on the envelope, justice for the washer rats!

If you have any question we can help at this page,
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1572603529694293/
No bashing of the accused we are here for the rats who died.

I have more up my sleeve I will post when I finish it up, we need all the rat people and animal people to write. This will set a precedence for any rat tortured in that state so this is ground breaking for our beloved pets.

Last edited:
So I just write a letter with that address, put in pictures and the statement, and send it off?
I'll definitely be doing this. Maybe we can have a sub thread where we can share/work on our letters? :)

I created a new petition, we have to make it known that lesser charges on them isnt ok

Please Sign and share. We have a message to send out. On April 11th, 2015 the accused placed up to 7 rats in a washing machine and turned it on to clean them. Sadly the rats did not survive this ordeal and we are fighting to make their voices heard. Please sign this and send letters from other links for this. Share this link we must make sure they are heard. Just because they are smaller pets does not mean they do not deserve the same justice our bigger pets do.

https://www.change.org/p/state-atto...justice-for-the-washer-rats?just_created=true

So I just write a letter with that address, put in pictures and the statement, and send it off?
I'll definitely be doing this. Maybe we can have a sub thread where we can share/work on our letters? :)

That would be a good Idea that way if someone may not feel comfortable writing we can share letters.

If you want to start it go ahead... I have enough right now with sharign the petitions.

11108526_10152815953871409_9090063568604632781_n.jpg

^
Teehee.
That's actually me. I have been obsessed too. Had nightmares in fact. Had a panic yesterday when I briefly couldn't find a rat and the washing machine happened to be running rat laundry. I even opened the stupid thing up and dug through sopping, stinky, bleach watered fleece. [emoji21]. I was so upset by this that I have not even spoken aloud about it because it LITERALLY makes me ill.

Love you rat lovers.

I can't talk about it either without my voice shaking and volume increase. My co-workers have heard every thought of mine. I'm sure I'm a broken record at this point

I cannot stress how important this is to rats. We have to share email and sign. Thisis a post I made about a horrible person who i talked to and who was probably one of the reason they are not deemed as pets.

If you emailed the state attorneys office you may have received a email like this.
My name is Nick Trutenko. I am an Assistant State's Attorney with the Cook County State's Attorney's Office in Chicago, and am responding to your e-mail to the State's Attorney dated April 15, 2015 at 4:25 p.m. regarding "Rats Put in a Washer".
Please call me at (773) 674-3020 so that I may discuss this matter with you.
Nick Trutenko
Deputy Supervisor, Felony Review Unit
Cook County State's Attorney' Office
2650 S. California Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60608
So I called him and I spoke to him and I told him that they should of been charged with aggravated cruelty and torture which was denied due to them not being companion animals. He insisted that they are not companion animals. He also said rude things such as "is this the law of Peggy? I cant charge them with murder." Really Mr. Truetenko? So here I tell you she killed these animals in that washer, and you charge her with abuse then tell me it isnt because they are rats, and just FYI he owns reptiles so his view will be different and he is the one who helped DECIDE this. If you look at the companion rule it clearly states. He also told me when I get out of law school to call him back. I am sorry maybe he should go back to law school so he can learn what the word "or" means.
(510 ILCS 70/2.01a)
Sec. 2.01a. Companion animal. "Companion animal" means an animal that is commonly considered to be, or is considered by the owner to be, a pet.
So 6 guys in suits who did no one bit of research to see what the view is on rats, or the fact deemed them as not companion animals so therefore they were struck being a minor case of abuse, which does not even show death as a result as aggravated cruelty does. I am only going by their law. See below.
Sec. 3.01. Cruel treatment. No person or owner may beat, cruelly treat, torment,starve, overwork or otherwise abuse any animal.
No owner may abandon any animal where it may become a public charge or may suffer injury, hunger or exposure.
what was denied again
3.02. Aggravated cruelty.
(a) No person may intentionally commit an act that causes a companion animal to suffer serious injury or death.
Sec. 3.03. Animal torture.
(a) A person commits animal torture when that person without legal justification
knowingly or intentionally tortures an animal.
So here is his reply to me:
Hi Peggy.

As per our phone conversation, I wanted to again thank you for your interest in this matter and for bringing this to our attention. Although, unfortunately, Illinois law does not provide for the charging of any felonies in this matter, the defendant was in fact charged with 6 Class A Misdemeanor counts of Cruelty to Animals and 2 Class A Misdemeanor counts of Resisting Arrest. All of these charges carry the possibility of a jail sentence of up to 365 days in the Cook County Jail and a fine of up to $2,500.00, or a combination of both. The defendant's case is pending in Chicago Branch 43 Court and is up next on June 15, 2015 at 9:00 a.m.
If you wish, you can call me any time after that next court date and I will be happy to find out what happened in court with this case and keep you advised.
Although all cases are considered by Judges and juries on their own merits, I can tell you that I have seen an increased sensitivity to animal abuse cases by our Judges, which have resulted in more meaningful sentences. Hopefully, that will occur here as well.
Thank you again for your heart-felt concern and have a great week-end.
Nick Trutenko
Here is his email address.
[email protected]
and here is the state attorneys email address again.
[email protected].
I would say both need an email about how we feel they are companions since he didnt believe me.

These two should be emailed, let them know how much rats are companion animals and how sad it is that they were not given higher charges because of it.

Nick Trutenko
Here is his email address.
[email protected]
and here is the state attorneys email address again.
[email protected].

Oh wow. That brakes my my heart even more. Wont apologize for the language: what a douchebag.

I will email him as soon as I can.

We need to remind these people that they are elected officials and work for us "We the People" and we WILL reach out to the voters of his area who care for rats like us. We cannot let the voices of these rats killed in vain go unheard. It's time they made an example out of those who choose to abuse them! Come next election this prosecutor should be sent packing to the breadline!

Here is the video of what happened to the rats on April 11, 2015. It is horrible to imagine a death such as this. 800 revolutions can you imagine? I cant and I am really angry over this. These people did not care, so we have to care, watch the video if you have the balls and sign the petition to make sure their voices are heard. Even the smallest animals need a voice, be that voice.

https://www.change.org/p/anita-alva...justice-for-the-washer-rats?just_created=true

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...c=http://mail.google.com/mail/mu/mp/506/&_rdr

Back