Hope's Rescued rats, adoptables and lifers- December Update

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow he's getting so much stronger! What a lovely thing to see. He looks so much happier and vibrant! Haha I love how the cats are always trying to get in on the action in all your videos lol

Timmy may or may not be a boy... He was called both now, but I could of swore i seen little balls on him the first day but nothing so far. I cannot check for nipples because you feel nothing but rib cages so and he wiggles so much that it is difficult to check for anything LOL So for now, timmy is a he until he grows and I can keep him still enough to check but I keep feeling like it may be a girl :) I have been so worried about getting him better, sex was the last thing on my mind. I cant wait to figure it out though.

I spent most of the evening with him on me, in my shirt or next to me. Adventurous as can be. almost fell off my hand and was able to grab with his back legs and stayed there holding on. The motor skills are very good, just wobbly. I am just in love with this bugger though. A hand licker, cuddler and a bugger all wrapped into one. It is odd to have a baby this small out with you and not lose them in the couch.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6SeD-iYXXc[/ame]

1625470_10152519600791409_6960402537294572837_n.jpg

10409065_10152519600816409_7530708293046864477_n.jpg

1237537_10152519600846409_6369193626073307035_n.jpg

Loves taking meds no matter what it is. No fights at all.

Go Timmy, we love you! This little one has stolen my heart. What a beautiful spirit. So curious, so innocent and adorable. I love that he/she licks your hand and doesn't mind taking meds awww. Timmys markings are gorgeous too.

We lost our Gracie tonight. I am just heart broken. Zeus needed some extra attention which I will get to in a bit but she passed while I was dealing with her. I gave her some treats just before I went to clean the cages tonight after that I found zeus looking horrible so I grabbed her. I went to go get gracie to sit with me and zeus and she was gone already.
http://www.ratshackforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25204

She is the momma to my handicap babies. Hippo Roo and the others from her litter. I had her spayed after so no tumors for her but her lungs have been giving her issues for a long time. An ailment half her babies have had. She has been in the free range cage her whole life after I split her and Gracie up from the babies. She had a life of no doors. She was a snatchy girl, but was a sweet thing anyway. She would nip me a lot wanting food but never anything major. She loved her rat friends and was a riot to watch fight the boys. She was always a bossy one. She was a good momma though, she gave me my handicap babies. I will miss this girl for a long time.

148952_10151196094456409_1779291443_n.jpg

Zeus has been treated for PT since september. She is hell to give meds to, she screams and squirms and will wipe it off of her when I am done. I have to keep the syringe in her mouth after giving the meds to make her swallow them if not, you see red lines from her wiping her mouth. Zeus was given up to me in april or may of last year. She was the first rescue in my new jeep. Her owner had her in a cage and she is the best escape artist around, she found the boys and 10 babies later I think she had, her owner picked her babies over her, gave up most of the babies and the 4 older girls. Dru, Peach, Zeus and Rapunzel. Dru and Peach left us a long time ago. Zeus and Rappy live with my formerly mean boy Remy. Zeus was the girl to make an escape door on my cage, chewed right through the base pan and was walking around the cage. Since then they have been in ONLY wire cages :) I love how spunky this girl is, typically she wont set still but seeing her this way breaks my heart. My lifer who will be my heartache.
10537975_10152280732116409_3088563630571390203_o.jpg

10520536_10152312084201409_7136000058778594667_o.jpg

She is having a hard time moving her limbs I started her on more dex last night and tonight she seems worse. I had her out with me for a while I had to make sure she had some ensure in her.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPfpy5wejIY[/ame]
I hate PT.
10565281_10152521475421409_8199651065386062800_n.jpg

I can only hope she hangs in there for the night till morning.

Timmy is doing well. Very active a good appetite and a vet appt bright and early tomorrow. I am getting zithro to ad to the baytril. He is sneezing pretty good but he seems to be holding his own.

watch

I can swear I can feel a empty sac, I can swear I can feel a little bitty willy that pops out and i cannot see any nipples. He has went from 33g to 31 up to 37g tonight so he is gaining weight.

10801871_10152521300921409_8771647017735832277_n.jpg

I am going to his former owners house tomorrow to check on the other two girls. I want to make sure they are girls, see if i can get their age and see if they are infact girls or not. LOL

Thinking of you Hope! She sounded like a wonderful little girl. I'm really sorry to hear you had a rough night. Take comfort in all your other furbabies xx

Timmy went to the vet today. My vet spent the night trying to learn as much that can cause tilts, spins and so on so she could treat him better. They are amazing there.

He is doing well we are adding zithro to his meds and taking the steroid off now. His leg is a nub so he has part of his leg there which is why when he walks he thinks he is still using it. He is but it is just a small piece of his arm. She don't think it will be a problem so we will wait and see how he is as he grows. I am going to met his former owner and his sisters in an hour or so. This way I can check them out and make sure they are ok. I want to see the size differnce so i can try to figure out how old timmy is. I also want to make sure they are girls and this isnt some strange birth defect that none of the boys have balls LOL

His true self is beginning to shine. He does not like anything in his pouch LOL spoiled boy. Love him to pieces already.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiSkzrvjVw4[/ame]

Omg that video was hilarious. Really points to female behavior. Maybe hermaphrodite??

Clark behaves the same way and he was ALL boy until I took his gonads away!

Sorry about your loss she was mom to some of my boy's right?

Last edited:
Clark behaves the same way and he was ALL boy until I tooknhis gonads away!

Sorry about your loss she was mom to some of my boy's right?

Yes Popper and axe I believe. I cant remember I know popper and axe were the monsters of the group and so was the black one.

I think when Timmy feels better we will find his balls LOL poor guy is still sick so a few more days on meds and he should be better to check. Hard to check such a small boy, 39g today. So he is slowly gaining.

I'm sorry to hear you are losing your babies. I guess when you are helping so many ratties, there is always going to be heartache, even if it's from 'normal' stuff.
I am glad Timmy seems to be thriving. He is just so sweet to watch! Hopefully he will grow a pair soon. LOL

They all have PT here, Irish, and Maggie. I believe that Turtle has it now, starting her on meds tomorrow, and they almost all have had horrible breathing problems, the ones who died anyway. Maggie has breathing problems. Liam has a hard chest. Kya died from horrible lungs, and katara has a ugy tumor that keeps coming back. The pt cases are going to kill me. For sure. I have another girl I just found wth early symptoms, that medicine is costly when you are doing so many. I am trying to order a big bottle of dex because I am overwhelmed with PT rats right now. Zeus, Maggie, Irish, Turtle, Georgia.That is a lot of PT rats at once :(

Day 6 on Timmy he is in much better spirits today. Yesterday he kinda slept more than I liked. I wonder if being put back on the steroid would be helping. He is active, stashing food, tossing peas and so on.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtnLraIIurA&list=UU0OVjeYhGVNAhdliNQIdUXA[/ame]

Watching his eye and applying lubricating drops from the vet.
10430849_10152525151336409_719258268502385367_n.jpg

Georgia new pt girl. It never ends here. We are debating arguing the christmas tree and the fact that I said earlier in the car that the small playpen was in the corner and we would move that after we put the girls in the cage. someone didnt listen at all :) LOL But georgia had a tumor removed last month and now this.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEkptK2nkaM&index=2&list=UU0OVjeYhGVNAhdliNQIdUXA[/ame]

Timmy is as cute as ever. Hoping he's getting better. What's up with his eye?
Oh no poor Georgia... Maybe she just didn't want a Cheerio... Watching her girlish figure...
Can't wait to put our Christmas tree up and despite my gf's protests I really wanna take Christmas photos of the rats in the tree!! :)

Back