Hope's Rescued rats, adoptables and lifers- December Update

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would think it has something to do with their equipment. The boya can "shoot" it away from their bodies or at least most of it.

The boys dont really shoot it away at all LOL they just get it on the side of them but the urine of the girls seems to mess them up more.

I got an email tonight about the girl who adopted Pip and Squeak will be returning them. I dont get it and I will post more about it later. Luckily Velo is going to let them be dropped off at her house, I will drive over sunday from work and pick them up and bring them home. This is like their 5th move so I am not happy about it at all. I was getting happy pictures and everything and then I hear it is due to allergies. I am hoping they are in good health. Velo will see tomorrow when she get them :)

They did :) I contacted a friend who has been trying to get some for her daughter so when I pick them up on sunday I will be dropping them off to her. This will be a great home with a real rescuer so I know they will be in good hands. I cannot say much because it is a surprise :) I am excited though. I will be able to see them often i know. Her spay was already paid for so I am just going to let them take them both. Happy endings for these two lovebugs :)

Got their temporary home all set up!

3c45cda13d23777e761c94c71bb8dfc1.jpg

Last edited:
WTF, suck it up buttercup!!! How bad can they be... Alright maybe they can be bad, but to keep these poor babies going from home to home. On a bright note, I went to the allergist about 2 months ago to find out why I keep getting extremely itchy when I get hot or extremely mad etc - I know weird, I am NOT allergic to rats.... I am allergic to dust, but I knew that already. Did blood work and my vitamin D was at 10 - lowest they have ever seen and I now take 50,000 mg of vitamin D a week for 12 weeks - and so far no more itching.... If a thing as simply as vitamin D cures this I'm going to be so made at myself for suffering for the past 5 years. I cannot take a hot shower, hot tub, etc cause it causing me to get itchy...

Anyway back to the ratties, I hope they can stay in this home. They were such a cute couple...

That looks great velo! I am so nervous on how they will look. My biggest fear has already been placing them in a home that would neglect them. Text me or call as soon as you get them! And thank you so much for doing this for me and them..

I'm 99% sure this girl is faking her "roommate's allergy" to them. But that's just my opinion.

I couldn't put ~too much~ in the cage because it's so small (I guess it's okay for up to 3 but I'm used to my DCN so eh) but it's good enough for now!

She will be over at 7PM, will you be off work at that time? I will call you if so if not I'll text ya.

I really hope Pip and Squeak are both OK and still healthy. I'll be watching for an update on them. It's great you have found a wonderful home for them already. :)

I am watching the clock with my phone near by. Waiting for her to call me. I am dying here with my nerves.

yes I am so happy. I am glad they are safe and healthy looking. Bakc to a normal diet. I am just so relieved right now. I have been hittng the panic button all day long.

They are so happy too, gladly moving fleece around and rearranging the cage. They were ECSTATIC to have rice, peas, carrots and watermelon. :)

Back