Zozie, May 1996 - 20th February 2008

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratkin

My precious tortie girl was put to sleep today aged just eleven years. She had an advanced tumour in her mouth and she was suffering, so we had to let her go. I still can't quite believe she has gone.
I picked her out as a kitten when I was nine years old and we've been inseperable ever since. I don't know what I will do without her.

She didn't like to bother with the other cats, she was always in my room with me, or she'd climb onto the porch roof under my window and yowl to be let in :lol: She had a strange habit of sitting on your shoulder like a parrot.
She was far too young to go. I will miss her.

Weep Not for Me, In Memory of a Beloved Cat

Weep not for me though I am gone into that gentle night

Grieve if you will, but not for long upon my soul's sweet flight

I am at peace, my soul's at rest

There is no need for tears

For with your love I was so blessed

For all those many years

There is no pain, I suffer not,

The fear now all is gone

Put now these things out of your thoughts,

In your memory I live on

Remember not my fight for breath

Remember not the strife

Please do not dwell upon my death,

But celebrate my life.

Constance Jenkins

IMG_1156-1.jpg

Zozie's Montage

Sleep tight my little shoulder cat :heart:

I'm so sorry for your kitty's passing :cry: Your poem was so touching I nearly couldn't read it all without crying, my dear girl passed last january at 16 years old and I still can't believe she's gone. They are with us in our hearts always :heart:

Oh my goodness, that poem has me in tears.

I so very sorry about your Zozie. She was indeed a beautiful tortie girl.

Dewi

Thank you all for your kind words. I still can't believe she's gone.
The poem isn't mine, but when I found it it brought tears to my eyes and it's a fitting tribute to my special kitty.

I'm afraid we've had some more awful news today. We took Zozie's sister, Tiger, in today for a check up because these tumours can be hereditary. The vet wanted to get a proper look at her mouth under anaesthetic and while she was under Tiger passed away. My sweet old girl :cry: Two cats within two days. It's like some sort of nightmare, I'm scared what may be next :(
I'm barely functioning right now really.
They should both have had many more years with us :(

Oh honey, that's just awful losing Tiger like that, and so soon after Zozie. Big hug being sent.

When I feel stunned and in shock, after a beloved pet dies, I just sleep sleep and sleep. It helps and numbs the pain.

I lost my cat Tink in the same way. She was going in for x-rays and the next thing I got that dreaded call from the vet. I was so angry with the vet as they acted really weird when I went to collect her body. Really dodgy and on the defense rather than giving a crap that a cat, one of their patients, had unexpectedly died.

Dewi

Really sorry you lost your Tink like that Dewi :(

I slept loads after Zozie went but right now I find I can't :( It still feels really surreal, two weeks ago everything was fine and now they're both gone :cry:

I'm so sorry. What a blow to lose both of them so close together, no time to get used to the idea of being without Zozie. It must be hard to remember life without her.

Wishing you comfort. This is very hard.

Back