Ziggy - Skin/fur issues?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenniferkelley

About a month and a half ago Ziggy start loosing a bit of hair on her face and at first we thought it was just someone picking on her so we watched it. But it just kept getting worse and worse so we got her checked out at the vet, it wasn't as bad as it is now but Dr. Munn just suggested we treat for mites just incase that's what got at her, so Saturday was the 3rd dose of Revolution and still nothing has changed so I decided i'd ask on here since I won't be able to make it down there at least a week. Anyways, if anyone has any thoughts on what it could be let me know your opinion. Has anyone ever seen this before?

Her eye - where the hair loss started
IMG_6930.jpg

Inside her ear was a bit red last week
IMG_6929.jpg

Big scab on the side of her body
IMG_6926.jpg

Her tummy
IMG_6932.jpg

Holding her up a bit so you can see under her arms
IMG_6940.jpg

& this one is her stretching her arms up, as you can see, on one arm the fur is completely gone
IMG_6944.jpg

She had three doses of Revolution in one month?

Can you see if there is a barber in the cage? I wonder if it could be something fungal instead?

I can't remember the exact date we went to the vet but it was around the end of July and we did Revo every 2 weeks with her 3rd dose being this weekend.
I see the girls picking on her sometimes but only at her face, that's why i thought it was over barbering until I saw how bad it was getting.
If it were something fungal, what could it be?

jenniferkelley said:
About a month and a half ago Ziggy start loosing a bit of hair on her face and at first we thought it was just someone picking on her so we watched it. But it just kept getting worse and worse so we got her checked out at the vet, it wasn't as bad as it is now but Dr. Munn just suggested we treat for mites just incase that's what got at her, so Saturday was the 3rd dose of Revolution and still nothing has changed so I decided i'd ask on here since I won't be able to make it down there at least a week. Anyways, if anyone has any thoughts on what it could be let me know your opinion. Has anyone ever seen this before?

Her eye - where the hair loss started
IMG_6930.jpg

Inside her ear was a bit red last week
IMG_6929.jpg

Big scab on the side of her body
IMG_6926.jpg

Her tummy
IMG_6932.jpg

Holding her up a bit so you can see under her arms
IMG_6940.jpg

& this one is her stretching her arms up, as you can see, on one arm the fur is completely gone
IMG_6944.jpg

Poor baby!!
It looks itchy. :cuddle:

So I emailed Dr.Munn all these photos and he took a look at them and suggested we try Baytril first, and if that doesn't work, then we will do a injection of Ivermectin. I just wonder what could have caused this to all start!!

Reminds me a bit of the look of various skin conditions brought on by the immune system. It looks pretty inflamed. Poor little guy

RKEM said:
Reminds me a bit of the look of various skin conditions brought on by the immune system. It looks pretty inflamed. Poor little guy

Haha I don't think it's inflamed, she's just a really big girl. 620g! :giggle:

Back