Zera has cancer

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your still sure its just a cyst I would keep flushing it a couple times a day and consider something for pain that looks like it must hurt. Poor precious nakie.... Healing vibes from us.

If your still sure its just a cyst I would keep flushing it a couple times a day and consider something for pain that looks like it must hurt. Poor precious nakie.... Healing vibes from us.

Can you recommend a method that can be less stressful for her to flush out the wound? She hates water to begin with, all my group do, but it sounds like a bath tub and gently 'rubbing' the spot is the best way. Though I do have syringes I could use to flush the wound out with?

Can you recommend a method that can be less stressful for her to flush out the wound? She hates water to begin with, all my group do, but it sounds like a bath tub and gently 'rubbing' the spot is the best way. Though I do have syringes I could use to flush the wound out with?

When Clark had his infected neuter the vet gave us this really pointed and rounded tipped syringe that squirted out the fluid in a thin direct stream that we used to flush him twice times a day. We just dangled him over a sink and it was over in no time, but your poor baby has that in such a difficult spot. We had Nolvason Solution that we mixed with sterile water. Maybe just a few squirts of saline water to clean it would help your baby. You need to get the gunk out if it is a true infection and not a dreaded ZGT. Hang in there Zera - healing vibes from all of us ♥

Sorry, but I don't think you're out of the woods yet...
Can you take her to the vet's for an assessment?
Did you move into your new digs yet?

Yes I have moved into my new digs, but our funds are really low due to that I had to seek a doctor about a serious stomach issue. I will try to flush the wound out myself tonight with warm water and see where it goes.

*Rant*
I am taking a course this week so am in the US right now. My classmates and I just had a big discussion about health care in the US vs Canada. I do not know why people are against universal health care in the US. I know if I had to have a big operation tomorrow, the cost would be covered. I don't know how people can just let other people suffer because they don't have any money.
*Sorry, end Rant*
I hope you are feeling better and starting to enjoy your new place. Let us know how your baby does...

Well I spent an arm and a leg on my own dang meds that would usually cost me three rat visits... it's redicolous I know... Thing is I don't have medical insurence and where I work doesn't have benefits, I'm still trying to find a better job.

As for Zera I'm giving her baytril daily and her wound is apparently getting smaller... however I still see evidence of puss and I noticed there's a smell to the wound, a foul smell. I don't like that at all, that's a red flag or clear sign of infection. However I think the baytril is doing what it should be doing and I need to give it another week. If the smell doesn't improve though, I'll contact my vet and see what he can do, and pray he won't bust me on expenses cause I can't afford another 105$ vet bill. (That visit was for two rats plus a bottle of liquid baytril).

Back