Zenequin

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

froxen

Does anybody have any experience with Zenequin? The vet prescribed me a 12.5 mg/ml suspension of it for a pesky URI that was pretty much non-responsive to a month on baytril/doxy, but I don't think I've seen anyone on here talk about it before. I'm crossing my fingers that it works!

Dr. Pascos at Campus Estates.. it was my first time seeing her, and I thought she was really great! I had a triple appointment, and she actually took her time to go over all my rats thoroughly, rather than rushing me out of there.

Hmm Campus Estates always seems great on the surface but so far the 2 times I've had to go there what they did or prescribed ended up being totally useless...but I have no experience with this med so I'll let someone else weigh in on it.

Is there anywhere else in/around Guelph where you take your rats? I've had a few problems with Campus Estates (nothing major), but they are pretty pricey and they seem to be all over the place in terms of how much they charge (last time I had a double appointment, they saw the second rat for half price -- this time it was full price for all three).

I haven't heard this drug used on rats before. It is from the fluoroquinolone class. It's broad spectrum. Generally used in soft tissue, skin and bladder infections.
Since the baytril/doxy didn't work, it's worth a try but after a week if you don't have an improvement I'd go back and ask for Zithromax.

Back