Young female rat bleeding from privates

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renee

I noticed blood spots in some bedding I changed out during my last cleaning but could not find its origin.
Today, while out for play time, my younger rat Mabel ran across my leg and marked me, and left a watery red liquid on my leg, presumably blood.
I am guessing this is a UTI? She grooms her privates frequently and I was unsure why, maybe I should have made a post when I first noticed it.
I can not get a photo because it only happens when she pees (as far as I know) but I will try to get a photo.
I gave her some cranberry juice and motrin for discomfort.

I got her in January at a few months old and she weighs 319 g, current diet is oxbow, healthy snacks, and veggies.

Quick update. She isn't dehydrated and there is no smell. Her urine earlier was watery and red and I just checked her again and theres a little orange droplet. ill post a video. maybe she is dehydration and I can't tell?

She needs to go to a good vet with the knowledge and experience to treat rats as soon as possible
She is very ill and it sounds like she is in pain!
It could be an infection or something more serious.
Hopefully antibiotics from the vet will clear it up

Back