you never know when the perfect home will come

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Good Karma

Hi Everyone,

Its been ages since i have posted on here, and i used to post all the time.

My life has been changing dramatically in the past year or so and as i look down the road it will be changing more. Unfortunately my lovely ratties have been taking a backseat the past year and my time for them narrows more.

I have four boys at the moment; three of them will be 2 in January and one is closer to three.

These boys will be my last boys. :( As much as i love my ratties and always want to adopt more i know i cannot put in the time that they need.

Once my boys go i will have a WHOLE LOT of rattie stuff that will need a home. I have a two level FN as well as 2 superpet cages, lots of toys, ferret tunnels and enough fleece and hammocks to cover my whole house! This will be a great opportunity for someone starting out with their ratties and needing stuff.

I thought i would post now because you never know if there is someone out there who could help out now and needs some extra stuff. The boys do not need to go right away, on the contrary, there is time. But i thought i would post this as i would feel great if my boys went with all their earthly possessions to someone wonderful. You never know when the perfect opportunity will come along.

Here are some photos of my boys:
IMG_2967.jpg

Not all are with us still. From left to right: Olo, siamese, 2 in January. Boober, hooded, will be 3 in January i think. Pedley has left us. Gimli is a double rex dumbo who is Olo's brother. And Grover who is a dumbo rex who will be 2 in January. Up top is Gumby, he was PTS early this year due to a massive tumor on his face.

Here are some pics of the FN with various makeovers:
IMG_9241.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

IMG_0826.jpg

IMG_0507.jpg

IMG_2264.jpg

IMG_2263.jpg

IMG_2276.jpg

I also have these two cages:
IMG_8980.jpg

So would I but, I live in BC so the shipping would probably doom me as the hubby's a bit on the cheap side and thinks the boys will be fine living in an aquarium! But good luck and your boys are adorable.

Good to hear from you Tara! Sorry to hear the boys will be your last but we understand.

Btw Keely, Bridget and Maline (mom) are doing fine. :D Well Bridgie has her issues but she's a sweet happy girl nonetheless. :heart:

What about a rat rescue? They're always in need of extra stuff, and I'm sure they could be the final home for your boys when needed so you can spend as much time as you can with them before having to give them away.

Kayla said:
What about a rat rescue? They're always in need of extra stuff, and I'm sure they could be the final home for your boys when needed so you can spend as much time as you can with them before having to give them away.

No matter what happens a portion of my rattie stuff will be going to a rescue, how much will depend on what happens. I have even more cages then the three i listed and they will be going to a rescue (i need to sort through everything one day).

However i don't want my boys taking up much-needed space at a rescue.

i need FN! i would defiantly buy it from you, come to think of it i would take your boys too. i have 5 lovly boys and 3 of them will be out growing hte cage i have. so i will be getting a FN sooner or later.

i was pretty much going to say what dream was going to say.
either or, as long as they get a good home.

id take the fleece, im new at this CN thing and i have yet to get fleece for my girls yet.

lilspaz68 said:
Good to hear from you Tara! Sorry to hear the boys will be your last but we understand.

Btw Keely, Bridget and Maline (mom) are doing fine. :D Well Bridgie has her issues but she's a sweet happy girl nonetheless. :heart:

That's great to hear! I'm sl glad they are doing well.

cheyenneobvious said:
i was pretty much going to say what dream was going to say.
either or, as long as they get a good home.

id take the fleece, im new at this CN thing and i have yet to get fleece for my girls yet.

But you have girls... would you make the FN two separate levels? My boys are used to having the whole thing.

dreamwarrior said:
i need FN! i would defiantly buy it from you, come to think of it i would take your boys too. i have 5 lovly boys and 3 of them will be out growing hte cage i have. so i will be getting a FN sooner or later.

How many boys would you have in the FN if you took my boys too? My guys are very sweet, none of these guys ever started fights with my previous ratties. I have had 8 rats in the FN at one time.

Good Karma said:
dreamwarrior said:

How many boys would you have in the FN if you took my boys too? My guys are very sweet, none of these guys ever started fights with my previous ratties. I have had 8 rats in the FN at one time.

well i have 5 boys in one cage, plus your 4, to make 9. but you should do the best for your boys

Boober is really showing his age lately so i think i will wait until he passes on, i wouldn't want to stress him out right at the end of his life. So it would be three cuties pies that would be coming with the FN. That will give more room for everyone as well.

Back