Yoshi - 14/03/2011 to 25/01/2013

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mia9_28

Yoshi, my little man, as I affectionately nicknamed him, passed away yesterday. I had him pts and he fell asleep peacefully in my arms. :heart:

I got him and Diego from an ad on Kijiji in March of 2012. I initially thought that he was funny looking with his big eyes, but his equally big personality won me over quickly. He was quite the rat in his younger days... constantly bruxing (and I mean ALL day), chewing cage bars and marking his territory every where. He would leave trails every where he went and would rub his sides every where he could. Needless to say, he was a very hormonal boy! When he came to intros though, he would be a bully the first few times until the other rat would defend himself, he would then run to a corner and squeak every time that rat would come close to him. :giggle:

He was full of personality and he made us laugh almost every day. As he got older and sick, cuddles became more important than marking his territory and he would love to just sit on my shoulder and brux away. When he stopped bruxing and eating, even Ensure, and became underweight, I knew it was time to let him go...

Here is a picture of him when we first got him... little boy full of hormones pulling on the fleece
Newrats021.jpg

Enjoying the playpen
Ourboys037.jpg

His favorite hammock.. which he will be buried with (we bury every rat we lose with their favorite hammock)
Happyratsinhammocks007.jpg

He thought Gizmo (the nakie) was an alien. He was scared of him at first. lol
DiegoYoshiandGizmofirstintro038.jpg

These pictures show his big eyes very well. He is with Diego, his best bud.
Sputnik010.jpg

Sputnik030.jpg

Theblackboysbeingsilly008.jpg

Ratties%20outside%20030_zps59f811d2.jpg

I loved to tickle his belly. :cloud9:
Ratties%20outside%20053_zpse5ff10d6.jpg

He also posed for pictures at times. :)
7rattiesincleancage044.jpg

Ratties%20outside%20088_zpsf9a333a1.jpg

There are so many pictures I'd love to share, but I think these represent him very well.

I already miss my funny little man. I loved him so much. :heart:

Rest in peace, Yoshi. :heart:

Back